Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of you have heard me mention it repeatedly, but I figured a new thread that wasn't dated 2011 might be beneficial in discussing the annual Iowa All Breeds Jeep Show.

This year we have relocated to a new showgrounds 20minutes south of our previous location. The 2017 show is 6 weeks out. It will be held at the Cambridge Offroad Park in Cambridge, Iowa. This is the first year for us there and should be great! Working with the city of cambridge, we are modifying the ATV park to handle OHVs. It's a combined effort and we will learn a lot this year and the Iowa Jeep Club would love to have you here September 23 and 24th.

There will be parts vendors, swap meet vendors, kids area, rc car course, and the usual teeter totter, RTI ramp, and more. We will and expanding the obstacle course this year and we hope to add a wooded trail as well.

As always I hope some of you guys in this forum will tell the boss man to stick it, you are coming to Iowa for the weekend.

For my Pennsylvania brothers, it's a 14 hour drive guys. But it's doable. We have had vendors and Jeepers from all over the country and Canada come to the show each year and enjoy themselves. This is the largest jeep show in the Midwest. Kansas, Indiana, Wisconsin, and Minnesota all offer a large wheeling event, bit This is the largest event that compares to the Bantam or Jeepbeach or the other shows.

Colorado fellas, you're in the same boat. It's a days drive, bit we still manage to see a lot of Colorado people each year. They stumble out of the mountains and manage to find us in the flatter lands of central Iowa. You can do it.

For those in Florida, Cali, Jersey, New England, and Alaska, I don't blame you for staying home. It's a long drive. But we hope to see you anyways. There is a prize for furthest traveled.

Grab you jeep, grab your truck and trailer (if you like), and grab your family and go. We have something for all of you.

Even the hardcore wheelers have a good time. Have you ever tried crawling on slippery propane tanks? Have you ever high centered on a concrete culvert in lifted, long armed cj buggy? How about dropped a tj off a log bridge? We cater to the mall crawlers and the rock crawlers, and we all have fun watching each other struggle or dominate.

September 23 and 24th. I want to see someone from this forum there besides me. Who's coming?

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)

·
Super Moderator
10,957 Posts
Hmmmm. Cambridge is half way to Telluride. :really:

Attachments

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So Ill see ya there then, huh Gluck? lol

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, so I'll see all of you bright and early Saturday morning right?

It's this weekend people! The show is nearly upon us. Come have some fun in iowa.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
O crap i forgot. I made other plans cuz i thought it was next weekend. Lol. Too damn far for me.

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good thing it's on Sunday too 93, that'll give you time to get here.

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Grab mine too while you're there! Lol

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So much more to see. Just waiting on pics from other and it will be months before the photographer sorts out the 2300 pics he took.

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I never mentioned that this was the largest turnout we have ever had. At the new location for 2017, we had over 300 Jeeps at the show over the weekend. It was sunny with clear skies both days, and also over 90degrees. It was hot. Too hot. But we all managed to have a good time when the dust settled.

Here is a link to previous years' pics. He is still working on this year's files.
https://chrisnitz.com/misc-galleries/

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You have a few months yet, but we have enough people joining the forum that this is worth bumping. Show is in September as usual and is on our permanent grounds. We have come a long was since 2017 when we first moved in. The course has been completely redesigned, much more radical obstacles added, and more. End of September fellas, hope to see ya there. If it all goes right, I'll have the yota and jeep both there?

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yota won't be street legal so Jeep towing yota until I get a truck like I've been bitching about for years now lol.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts