Jeep Cherokee Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a Dana 30. If I install the straight axle kit and get rid of the slip locker. How then is the 4x4 engaged? Or is it on all time unless I get locking hubs?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you talking about the central axle disconnect? It will work just fine without the disconnect. Or you can shim the yoke over permanently, which is what I did
Awesome! Just curious cause I’m going to do gears and locker and chromoly shafts. Just wasn’t sure if by eliminating that, that it would be in 4x4 all time!?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome! Just curious cause I’m going to do gears and locker and chromoly shafts. Just wasn’t sure if by eliminating that, that it would be in 4x4 all time!?

·
Super Moderator
11,267 Posts
your transfer case will take it in and out of 4wd but your front axles and drive shaft will always be spinning. do yourself a HUGE favor and replace the linkage. its a garbage setup that only gets worse. spend the money and invest in an Azzys design works XJ linkage kit. You won't be sorry.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
your transfer case will take it in and out of 4wd but your front axles and drive shaft will always be spinning. do yourself a HUGE favor and replace the linkage. its a garbage setup that only gets worse. spend the money and invest in an Azzys design works XJ linkage kit. You won't be sorry.
[/QUOTE
Awesome! Thanks again for the help and advise! Going to play around with it this weekend! Just had the transmission rebuilt last summer, and now the main issue is it popping out of 4-low. Now just saving up for gears, locker, and chromoly axles!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts