Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Cant watch the vid. But i had this picture for ya.

·
Squirrel Master
1,383 Posts
Yes. Well technically only one leafspring that runs perpendicular to the vehicle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corvette_leaf_springs
Well that paints an entirely different picture than what the fellas at TopGear were suggesting. I immediately thought of the traditional leaf spring setup like in the back of my XJ. Perhaps TopGear should have been more clear. But, simply saying "it has leaf springs" makes it look like at outdated piece of American garbage, which I'm pretty sure was the angle they were going for.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Yeah, well, don't forget one of it's hosts used to host Brainiac too...

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i will say...the show is funny and i think the driving is awesome...but their attitude is rubish....:D

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
rubish! rubish I say, It is the American Porshe 911, but I think the Vette finish before the 911 lol, the rear leafs was a surprise for me I did not knew that, and well its kinda true about the exess plastic

·
Registered
324 Posts
rubish! rubish I say, It is the American Porshe 911, but I think the Vette finish before the 911 lol, the rear leafs was a surprise for me I did not knew that, and well its kinda true about the exess plastic
Have you gotten to ride in one????

All I have to say is WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
yeah me too, I forgot to press the sarcasm button, but it does have too much plastic... like every other Chevy

·
Registered
608 Posts
Never got a chance to ride in the new one (ZR1) but I got to ride & drive my buddy's Z06. That thing is MEAN! Plus the 1-piece carbon fiber front end is pretty damn cool. That thing is almost legal suicide, I'm suprised he hasn't killed himself yet.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Never got a chance to ride in the new one (ZR1) but I got to ride & drive my buddy's Z06. That thing is MEAN! Plus the 1-piece carbon fiber front end is pretty damn cool. That thing is almost legal suicide, I'm suprised he hasn't killed himself yet.
Yes it is... My dad owns a Z06 Indy edition... WOW... That thing will run circles around older Vettes...

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i drove a z06 ...and yeah is fast....i dont think i will ever find a car as fun as the evo...:pop:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Evo's are really fun!!! I drove one of the new 09's with the turbo and all bells and whistles. I like. I still think that the new camaro will be the best one yet.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Only the Corvettes with the towing package upgrade come with the leaf springs...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts