Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my jeep has a small oil leak somewhere. I believe it is coming from the rear main seal since I can see small amounts of oil coming from that area. Whenever I start driving the oil pressure is strong at 50psi but sometimes after I drive for a while it will drop to 25 or lower while at 2000-2500 rpm. A few times it has dropped to zero while driving, but returned to around 40 after I pull over and stop. And after I start driving again it will fluctuate from 25-40 at 2000-2500. Is this being caused by my oil leak or is there a different problem? I cant image is it the leak because it is so small, and my oil level has stayed consistent. I do hear a small ticking at start up, but I've been told this is a normal thing with Cherokees. Any help would be very appreciated.

·
Premium Member
9,998 Posts
Not caused by the oil leak. I think I would recommend two things. A new oil pressure sending unit and switching to an oil with more viscosity. Or, no one does this but me it seams, but I put Power Punch extreme pressure oil additive in my engines. Makes them last longer and does increase oil pressure a little

Reactions: Gluckmysock

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not caused by the oil leak. I think I would recommend two things. A new oil pressure sending unit and switching to an oil with more viscosity. Or, no one does this but me it seams, but I put Power Punch extreme pressure oil additive in my engines. Makes them last longer and does increase oil pressure a little
Thanks for the advice! I’ll definitely try that out

1 - 3 of 3 Posts