Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys have audio mods in your jeeps?:rock:

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
I replaced the blown front speakers.

I think it is bad enough that I'm going to soak the carpet and my Infinity amp (among other things) if I ever get in deep water. I'm not sure how'd I'd feel about losing something even more expensive.

·
Short Bus Motorsports
1,786 Posts
Pioneer 6.5" in the door and rear sound bar.
12" Fusion Sub and Amp
Pioneer Head Unit

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Damn! That first picture was SO big I thought I was driving home for a second. :rofl:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im going to install a Jensen head unit in mine. ( i know thats a low end unit, but im only working with burgerking money here) I also have a set of speakers from my friends Audi that im going to install also.

·
Retired Moderator
7,287 Posts
Alpine HU, Polk Audio Components in the front doors, Polk 2ways in the back, "10 Sub, 1 Kicker amp and 1 Phoenix Gold amp.

Amps are under the backseat, and the sub is a shallow sub in a small box that fits in the trunk along with my 33" spare and toolbag.

·
Registered
214 Posts
i have a stereo installed, totally forgot what the brand and everything is but it works really well aaaand some junkyard front speakers to replace the old ones but they also work pretty well

·
Short Bus Motorsports
1,786 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
I have a Sanyo detachable faceplate cassette/CD player, A pillar tweeters, stock 3" speakers under the dash, 6.5" Pioneers in the hatch, cubbyhole 10" long throw sub, graphic equalizer, 4 channel Profile amp, mono sub amp, lots o' Dynamat! Look in my windows you can barely see anything, but she rocks when I need her to.

The "build" ...

Old pic on the right was before I got my mono amp ...

·
Web Wheeler
2,573 Posts
Right now I have JVC aresenal 6 1/2" in the front, and kenwood 6x9s in the back. I have them hooked up to a rockford fosgate punch 900w amp.

I used to have two sony xplod 12"s hooked up to that amp.

I built a ported box for those subs and tuned it to 35hz. Those subs BUMPED. They are one of the original xplods so that's why the excursion was so ridiculous. I don't have a picture of it though. I sold them a couple weeks ago though.

Right now I am working on a project to put in a FI 15" SSD subwoofer in. The amp that I bought is 1600W x 2 @ 2 ohms RMS, .5 ohm stable :) It's probably going to be a couple weeks before I order the sub because my GF decided we should go out on dates more, lol.

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
Man I'm lame, I only have a pioneer cd player in mine and three blown stock speakers that rattle when you turn the volume up :D

·
Registered
474 Posts
kenwood deck and speakers all around..theyre alright..want to get a sub but no room since the back is converted to a bed and things happen back there that require alot of movement and i dont want either me or my gf to end up hitting the sub on accident ( :) )

·
Registered
53 Posts
I don't know if my speakers are stock or not. They're not bad, they are much better than my mom's Toyota Corolla speakers. I may replace them eventually, but I'm not in a rush.

I have a Pioneer Head-Unit, though. I replaced the awful no-name aftermarket head-unit that was in it when I bought it. Now I have satellite radio, which is definitely worth the money!

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have a Sanyo detachable faceplate cassette/CD player, A pillar tweeters, stock 3" speakers under the dash, 6.5" Pioneers in the hatch, cubbyhole 10" long throw sub, graphic equalizer, 4 channel Profile amp, mono sub amp, lots o' Dynamat! Look in my windows you can barely see anything, but she rocks when I need her to.

The "build" ...

Old pic on the right was before I got my mono amp ...
AHHHHH! FINALLLY! I have been searchin forums for this the last few days. I saw it awhile back and after being more and more annoyed with my 10" speaker box was looking to do this so with that.

As it looks in the pictures you didn't actually make a box. You just dynomated the wheel well? If this is so...how does it sound? Also care to maybe go into some more details of the build? I know it looks pretty straight forward but what exactly did you cover it with and what did you use to mold the wood back to the plastic? I know simple questions, but I kinda like to stick to what has been done before.

Thanks.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Note: pics are old. I used the factory "hole", yes, but I also used structural foam to completely seal the enclosure. The stuff is almost like styrofoam, but much softer and will mould into tight places. Was great for behind the lights. Just say No to expanding foam!

The seatbelt was sacrificed, I guess the hole could have been used as a "port" but I eventually sealed it. My sub needs no port. I doubled up on the Dynomat for structure & damping. The sound does not travel a lot outside the Jeep, but it booms inside. Three-quarter inch medium density fiberboard, with the speaker screwed to it. I used a rubber circle as a damper between the speaker & the board more because I'm anal than out of necessity. I used polyfill inside vinyl material for that upholstered look, & the screws with covers. If I had it to do again I'd pass on all the screws, but it was my first attempt at something like this & I copied the original (saw it on JeepsUnlimited Forums years ago). The front is pretty heavy and the subwoofer is a solid piece. IIRC I had to relocate the mounting anchors for the rear seat, but they screw securely into the wood.

Bolting it back in place & keeping it from rattling was a challenge, had to redo it several times over a few months, but it's all good now.
More details are here on my page. (Page hasn't been updated in a long time!)

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
I recently put an RB1 unit in...not exactly "custom" but definitely an upgrade.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts