Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Cherokee and 2015 Cherokee
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a set of Mopar mud flaps, but the wheels need to be removed and holes drilled. That seems scary to me. I like the looks of them, but are there other brands that look similar and that don’t need drilling? Recommendations? TIA

·
Premium Member
9,829 Posts
I can't think of any mud flaps that don't require some drilling. Removing the wheel should be no big deal. Just properly support it

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My Jeep didn’t come with a tire kit. Between going through that and drilling, I think I’ll send them back. Husky and Weathertech have no-drill mud guards, but thought I’d ask for recommendations here first. Thank you tho, Vicky

·
Premium Member
9,829 Posts
Wow, you cannot change a tire if you get a flat? I would suggest you take care of that as soon as possible. Even if you call someone like AAA to change it for you, being stranded someplace without phone service wold not be good

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know how, but no tools or tire whatsoever neither of my Jeep. Very true thought, however.

·
Premium Member
9,829 Posts
One of the things we do in our family is teach the girls to do basic work on cars. Tire and oil changes and stuff like that. That goes along with all the rest of the stuff we teach the girls about life

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know how to change tires and perform an oil change. Neither of my Jeeps came with any tire tools. I should go buy a set. I do have AAA and another service. I don’t feel comfortable drilling into a new vehicle. The area is about 1/2” wide. Scares me a bit.

·
Premium Member
9,829 Posts
OK, gotcha. If I can make a recommendation, when you get a jack scissors jacks have always been a good universal jack and a folding star type lug wrench also works best to. It covers all the lug nut sizes

Reactions: Gluckmysock

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I’ll look for those items. Thanks for the recommendations.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts