Jeep Cherokee Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Just bought myself a jeep Cherokee xj 1991. Its in "limp mode" , I can only manually shift gears. Found that the connector for the Tcu/tcm was unplugged and that someone have snipped off a entire loom.
Can someone help me with a wire diagram or explain witch cable goes where?
Electricity Networking cables Electrical wiring Circuit component Gas
Gesture Gadget Finger Toy Thumb
Finger Gas Drilling Bumper Automotive tire
Automotive tire Road surface Wood Grey Asphalt

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi
Just bought myself a jeep Cherokee xj 1991. Its in "limp mode" , I can only manually shift gears. Found that the connector for the Tcu/tcm was unplugged and that someone have snipped off a entire loom.
Can someone help me with a wire diagram or explain witch cable goes where? View attachment 230509 View attachment 230510 View attachment 230511 View attachment 230512
I have a factory Shop manual for my 1991 XJ. I can look up diagrams for your XJ. Where were those plugs pluged in? are you talking about the ECM on the drivers fender? I don't think a 1991 XJ has a Transmission control module. if you are going to keep this XJ, you might go to Do It Yourself Automotive Repair Information | ALLDATA DIY as they offer the use of Factory Shop Manuals They do cover the 1991 Jeep XJ! They have 1 month subscriptions for $20.00, they offer 1 month, 1 year and I think 3 years. You can read the information on line and download what ever you want.
Robert Terrill

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a factory Shop manual for my 1991 XJ. I can look up diagrams for your XJ. Where were those plugs pluged in? are you talking about the ECM on the drivers fender? I don't think a 1991 XJ has a Transmission control module. if you are going to keep this XJ, you might go to Do It Yourself Automotive Repair Information | ALLDATA DIY as they offer the use of Factory Shop Manuals They do cover the 1991 Jeep XJ! They have 1 month subscriptions for $20.00, they offer 1 month, 1 year and I think 3 years. You can read the information on line and download what ever you want.
Robert Terrill
Its for the TCM/TCU , located under the dash on the passenger side. A wire diagram and pinout would be nice to have.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Its for the TCM/TCU , located under the dash on the passenger side. A wire diagram and pinout would be nice to have.
If this doesn't come through properly contact me at robert_terrill at hotmail dot com and i will send it direct to you. these are PDF files Via Adobe I am not sure how to load them on this site. Hope this helps.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts