Jeep Cherokee Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi
Just bought myself a jeep Cherokee xj 1991. Its in "limp mode" , I can only manually shift gears. Found that the connector for the Tcu/tcm was unplugged and that someone have snipped off a entire loom.
Can someone help me with a wire diagram or explain witch cable goes where? View attachment 230509 View attachment 230510 View attachment 230511 View attachment 230512
I have a factory Shop manual for my 1991 XJ. I can look up diagrams for your XJ. Where were those plugs pluged in? are you talking about the ECM on the drivers fender? I don't think a 1991 XJ has a Transmission control module. if you are going to keep this XJ, you might go to Do It Yourself Automotive Repair Information | ALLDATA DIY as they offer the use of Factory Shop Manuals They do cover the 1991 Jeep XJ! They have 1 month subscriptions for $20.00, they offer 1 month, 1 year and I think 3 years. You can read the information on line and download what ever you want.
Robert Terrill

·
Registered
8 Posts
Its for the TCM/TCU , located under the dash on the passenger side. A wire diagram and pinout would be nice to have.
If this doesn't come through properly contact me at robert_terrill at hotmail dot com and i will send it direct to you. these are PDF files Via Adobe I am not sure how to load them on this site. Hope this helps.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts