Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Wisconsin Wheeler
3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is kind of an old topic.
So what is your guys thought on the concept?
Hummer recently released their pick up and it seems to be doing alright. I have seen a couple driving around in WI, IL, and MI. Im not a big fan of the new Hummers in general but I think a pick up version was a good move. I think that it would be a great idea for Jeep to release a pick up such as the gladiator. I think that there are enough people that would buy it. Away from the Chevy/GMC colorado and canyon and the Dakota, there isnt much out there and I would choose the Jeep over any of the other small trucks out on the market. I know the economy right now might not be the best time. But with that aside, what do you guys think?

·
Registered
412 Posts
I'd probably buy one. Honestly. If it was priced decently, maybe even off the lot. And you're talking to a guy that only goes to car dealerships to tease the sales-'people'.

And there is a 'better' version of the brute, at least IMHO.

(don't know if I can remote like that pic, tell me if it dun work)

It's an aqualu aluminum CJ tub with bulkhead (basically a CJ-10 cab) and they make 3 (or whatever you want) lengths of boxes to go behind it. Build your own frame, add your own engine, and away you go. Or throw it on a YJ. But YJs aren't great for the most part.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
I wish they made it, I wanted one ever since I saw the concept

·
Registered
330 Posts
I might be interested aswell, IMO jeep needs to make another kind of vehicle with solid axles.
Uh...like a Cherokee?:D Something that does not cost $30,000+? Kinda hard to justify taking something THAT expensive out on trails IMO, at least at MY pay scale it would be.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Anyone notice that the 30k$ truck doesn't have power windows? It has a crank.

Not a big deal, but struck me as odd.

You could sink 10k into any Cherokee and have an amazingly capable and reliable vehicle, I'de do that before I spent 30k on a new truck.

Looks nice though, I like how they didn't try to make it look like everything else, its the same block square edged vehicle Jeeps have always been.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I would love to get something in between a Full-size pick-up and my ZJ/DD..

I like the Gladiator concept... But I used to drool over the CJ-8 when I was kid living near an AMC-dealer.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Anyone notice that the 30k$ truck doesn't have power windows? It has a crank.

Not a big deal, but struck me as odd.

You could sink 10k into any Cherokee and have an amazingly capable and reliable vehicle, I'de do that before I spent 30k on a new truck.

Looks nice though, I like how they didn't try to make it look like everything else, its the same block square edged vehicle Jeeps have always been.
In an electric vehicle the power motors for the windows would have to be small internal combustion engines. :brickwall:

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
I can tell if you are being serious, if you are do you know why?
No, as a proud member of the "Sarcasm" group, I wasn't being serious.

My point was if it is an electric vehicle, you really don't want to waste what little electricity you have on another electric motor.

As power density's go up then yes, but right now that power needs to go to the motor that makes you go.

Just thinking...

·
Registered
48 Posts
all i know is the auto industry is sucking ... what happend to solid axel jeeps? why is gm building junk and admiting it? why is ford building big money trucks for yuppies that will never use it for it was intended for, and making it impossible for a contractor to afford it cause "its all thats on the lots" .... seriously what happend to the day when you went to the dealership and built the car you wanted with out some one pushing you into something on there lot?

oh i like the jeep minus electric ... NO BALLS

rant over

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
all i know is the auto industry is sucking ... what happend to solid axel jeeps? why is gm building junk and admiting it? why is ford building big money trucks for yuppies that will never use it for it was intended for, and making it impossible for a contractor to afford it cause "its all thats on the lots" .... seriously what happend to the day when you went to the dealership and built the car you wanted with out some one pushing you into something on there lot?

rant over
Yeah! These damn kids today. We didn't have power windows when I was a kid! Hell we didn't even have windows! We just drove our Jeeps and let the bugs hit where they would, and we liked it! :rock:

·
Registered
48 Posts
i have NO power options in my xj ... well other than power mirrors. i made sure the jeep i bought had no frills to it but necessities to kick a$$ ... i do like the power mirrors for towing my sleds tho.

·
Registered
324 Posts

rant over
Actually if you use the right kind of electric motor, you can by far make more torque with it than a comparable gasoline motor. An electric motor makes its peak torque at 0 RPM. so when crawling you would have the most torque when first starting off.

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts
Actually if you use the right kind of electric motor, you can by far make more torque with it than a comparable gasoline motor. An electric motor makes its peak torque at 0 RPM. so when crawling you would have the most torque when first starting off.
This is true. I mess around with brushless electric motors when building RC's and these S.O.B's can put out ALOT of power. I once tried to hold one front tire and one rear and accelerate, the rig out-powered my grip.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts