Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i just gota 1990, and i wanna lift it i dont want anything massive but i don wanna high center or scrape, so whats a good size , thanks alot

·
Registered
89 Posts
A good starter lift is 3" with 31" tires or 4.5" lift with 32" tires.

·
Premium Member
11,622 Posts
3" lift, 32" tires bumpstopped and backspaced correctly and a high clearance skid plate. Low center of gravity but lots of clearance.

·
Registered
89 Posts
:agree:and put on a good set of Rock Sliders and you're ready to hit the big boy trails.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have a Rusty's 4.5 inch lift on my XJ.

·
Retired Moderator
7,287 Posts
I had a 2" BB on 30's and I found the extra 2" useless. I would've been better off investing in other mods instead. If the leaf packs are in good shape, then you can fit 30's without issue. I would highly recommend starting with skids though as they'll protect the important components of your drivetrain while you wheel. They will also help you slide over things instead of getting hung up on them as much.

That being said, a good place to start is with 3"-3.5" of lift and 31" tires. It's a very common combination, and it'll give you the ability to wheel many different types of trails.

I have 4.5" of lift and 33" tires, with slightly trimmed fenders. Do your research first, and figure out how much you want to spend, add a couple hundred to that estimate, and then pull the trigger on a lift kit, tires, and maybe rims.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts