Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I found this comparisons on the web, in a Patriot forum , I think its kinda cool

Jeep Patriot vs. Jeep Cherokee (XJ)

Much closer in size then I originally anticipated. The Patriot is noticeable "chunkier". They are similar in length, though the Patriot has a 2 inch longer wheelbase.

Patriot vs Liberty (KJ) Size Comparo

This one surprised me a bit. The Liberty has a distinct height advantage (about 5 inches!) but not so much in length or wheelbase. I'm going to say the next gen Liberty will be closer in size to its platform mate, the Dodge Nitro in order to make room for the Patriot.

Edit: Note that the "hump" on the Liberty is in fact the roof rack. The actual roof height is in front of the "hump"

Patriot vs. Grand Cherokee (WK) Size Comparison

As expected, the Grand Cherokee dwarfs the Patriot in just about every dimension. Sitting higher, longer and with a cowl that sits a good few inches above the Patriot's...drivers of both should expect two VERY different vehicles. Cargo room is also a premium.

·
Registered
608 Posts
That's way cool Belto! Thanks! I was trying to talk my mother into getting a Pat. I kinda took a liking to them also, although I don't agree with the pricing of them, but they do have some cool off-road options right from the factory. And BTW...Is it just me or does anyone else think the new Libby's look awful with those square-ish headlamps now?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts