Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’m completely stumped, So I have a 05 Jeep GC 5.7 hemi the motor runs great besides this one annoying issue that’s driving me nuts, when I hit a bump the truck completely shuts down it cuts the motor off sometimes I get the ETC light but that has now gone away an it’s turned into a red battery light I recently put a power steering pump on it an everything was good until this, I also put a salvage yard throttle body that was pretty clean an looked somewhat new on there as well that fixed the same problem I was having before. What do you think it is that’s causing this problem though could it be a electrical problem or do I need to cash out on a brand new throttle body? Or could it be a wiring harness problem including a bad ECM

·
Premium Member
9,998 Posts
First thing I would do is take someplace and have it scanned and see if there are any residual codes

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
here’s a list of codes that I got after scanning it

P1684
P0218
P0714
P0884
U1415
U1414
U0100

·
Premium Member
9,998 Posts
218 Low tranny fluid or cooler plugged
P0714 ATF temp sensor intermittant
884 Trans control module power input intermittant

The U codes are for body control module issues

I think what you have is a problem with the Trans Control relay not functioning, poor contact at relay, or bad connection at the connector for the trans control module. It is a big box on the firewall

Reactions: 5.7Jeephemi

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
218 Low tranny fluid or cooler plugged
P0714 ATF temp sensor intermittant
884 Trans control module power input intermittant

The U codes are for body control module issues

I think what you have is a problem with the Trans Control relay not functioning, poor contact at relay, or bad connection at the connector for the trans control module. It is a big box on the firewall
I replaced the relay and I’m still getting the lights when I pulled into my driveway the Rpms started going up and down

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
Just a thought, I've had troubles in the past with my Commander 5.7 similar to yours . Found bad connections and corrosion in the pdc under the hood . I removed all of the relays and fuses one at a time and cleaned them . I worked them in and out of their holes a few times and then reseated them. You may also want to remove the pdc and visually check the condition of the underside of the pdc. You should have 2 boxes under the hood . Those are your pdcs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just a thought, I've had troubles in the past with my Commander 5.7 similar to yours . Found bad connections and corrosion in the pdc under the hood . I removed all of the relays and fuses one at a time and cleaned them . I worked them in and out of their holes a few times and then reseated them. You may also want to remove the pdc and visually check the condition of the underside of the pdc. You should have 2 boxes under the hood . Those are your pdcs.
Thanks that’s my plan now I’ve check them previously an they need some cleaning for sure I’ll pick up some electrical cleaner an get to it hopefully this works

·
Premium Member
9,998 Posts
Who would have thought

1 - 10 of 10 Posts