Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have wcc as one of my friends on myspace and received this bulletin posting yesterday figured i would share with you.

Here is your shot!

West Coast Choppers has an Immediate Opening in the bike department for an expert assembly person.

*Factory training and knowledge a must. Dealership experience a plus.

*Must be fluent in building and balancing Knuckle, Pans, Evo, Twin Cam A&B...HIGH PERFORMANCE TUNING KNOWLEDGE

*Transmission building 4, 5, & 6-speeds

*Machine Shop Experienced. Mill, Lathe, ect ect.

*Electrical savvy

*Welding and Fab experience is also a plus.

*Must be self-starting, Organized and Hard working.

*This is a chance to join an elite team building the worlds finest motorcycles.

*Do Not Call*

*FAX resume to (562) 495-0706 Att: Jesse

**NO APPRENTICESHIPS OR "FAST LERNERS"...IF YOU DON'T HAVE THESE SKILLS? DON'T WASTE OUR TIME!**

·
Registered
872 Posts
I'd love an opportunity like that. I just don't have the credentials....(bottom lip sticking out)!! JJ seems like a no nonsense kinda guy, he'd prolly be hard to work for at times. I like to kid around too much!!:p

·
Registered
872 Posts
Prolly peanuts to start. I'm sure it would get a lot better after some time served!!

·
Retired Moderator
7,287 Posts
Prolly peanuts to start. I'm sure it would get a lot better after some time served!!
I'm sure you're right, that's the type of business where you have to prove yourself worthy of higher wages. Tough business to get into, and even tougher to stay in it.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Damn! I got everything except the Factory training and 5 & 6 speed trans knowledge...

·
Registered
872 Posts
Damn! I got everything except the Factory training and 5 & 6 speed trans knowledge...
Me too!! Plus I really don't want to work for less than 40K+, so I'm out!!

·
Registered
608 Posts
Me too!! Plus I really don't want to work for less than 40K+, so I'm out!!
Ditto. way more than 40K... Plus being in SoCal, you need to cover the living expenses...And that's no easy feat on less than 40.

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
I'm sure you're right, that's the type of business where you have to prove yourself worthy of higher wages. Tough business to get into, and even tougher to stay in it.
Especially that particular business with the press they get.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got everything but the welding/ and factory s&s training, i have rebuilt too many evo motors, (they are way easy) and kit bike assembly is not as hard as it seems, just very tedious you got to put it all together and make sure it fits (normally it doesnt and you got to wing it) then take it apart and send the parts for paint, then re-assemble extreamly carfully not to distroy the paint

·
Registered
324 Posts
Even if I had the skills needed, I wouldn't want the job.

The combined nonsense of that particular part of the industry, a celebrity boss and being stuck in Southern California add up to possibly the worst environment to ever work in.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts