Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up everyone? new guy here. I live in Maryland and I have a 99 XJ 4dr 4.0 5spd. its stock right now with 30's but it used to have a 2" BB and 31's. after I bought it the first things I added were a set of C4x4 tow hooks and OEM gas tank, t-case, and front susp skids as well as a factory hitch and tow wiring.
I just got done doing a clutch on it and now can get back to focusing on modding it again.

my plans for it include putting my 31's back on after I install an approx 3" lift using 4" TJ coils up front and an S10 bastard pack in the rear. I already have an olympic front bumper and a set of JCR stage 1 rails waiting to be installed as well. once all of that is done I wanna grab an 8.8 with 410's and a matching D30 because thats a much cheaper option than regearing my 8.25/d30 I have now.

anywho I am a member on other forums like NAXJA and jeepforum but go by mpetess10 on there

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
welcome to CT, from PR we need pics,,, ;D

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pics can be provided give me a couple minutes to find them.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
a lil flexin at rausch creek with the 2" BB and 31's

a cool pic also 2" and 31's

2" BB and 30's right after I put the olympic front bumper on

this is the most current pic I have
its when I took it completely back to stock last summer

there is a story as to why it went back to stock. I decided I wanted to sell it after my GF bought an 05 wrangler which I immediately fell in love with (the jeep, not the girl, we broke up around that time, LOL)
but fortunately or unfortunately depending on how you look at it the market decided its not right for me to sell it.
then within 2 weeks of deciding to keep it the a/c comp took a crap on me. fortunately I have an extended warranty on it which covered the ac stuff which was almost 1300 bux for everything. then the slave cyl took a crap back in the beginning of oct. I replaced it and then proceeded to drive to NC 350 miles away to visit my dad and take in the martinsville nascar races. a block from my dads the clutch starts grinding :brickwall:
it sat for a month in NC until I could tow it home with moms diesel F250. then it sat another month until I had the cash to buy the stuff to fix it.
the actual problem ended up being the clip which holds the fork to the ballstud
A FLIPPING $2.50 PART!!!!! grrrrrrr.
but since I knew I would be yankin the trans and t-case I was not putting back together without a new clutch in it.
so with a brand new a/c system and an all new clutch system in it not to mention all the time and money I have spent on it over the last 2 months
I have decided to keep it and build it like I originally planned

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ohh to answer blue XJ
I live in savage, MD. its a suburb almost exactly between Baltimore and Washington DC.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I couldnt tell completely from your sig but I kinda figured yours was the same color as mine.
there seems to be alot of them that color. not sure if thats good or bad.
thanks tho.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Welcome to CT from COS!!:cheers:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for the warm welcome, glad to be here

·
Registered