·
Banned
851 Posts
Now this is just for the ZJ not sure on the WJ
you had the:
4.0L from '93-'98
5.2L from '93-'98
5.9L in '98

All for the most part are great motors. Transmissions is the ZJ's short comings..

·
Banned
851 Posts
myth from what I've seen and all I've talked to. If anything teh 4.0L might be the looser in the group of motors do to how heavy a ZJ is..

·
Registered
324 Posts
My 5.2 passed 202k the other day...

Same idea as a 4.0l.... take care of it and it will take care of you...

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
mm....lier lier...hahaha...

:p

this guys still has that zj idk if i should...

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
The V8's seem to have very little in the way of problems (Assuming how they were treated/maintained, of coarse). Most problems in my research were associated with the 4.0L equipped Grands.

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The V8's seem to have very little in the way of problems (Assuming how they were treated/maintained, of coarse). Most problems in my research were associated with the 4.0L equipped Grands.
Very interesting indeed, do you remember exactly what the majority of those problems were?

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Very interesting indeed, do you remember exactly what the majority of those problems were?
Not off the top of my head, but I remember Overheating being a big issue (But I think XJ people run in to that problem as well).

I'll see if I can find all of the stuff I was looking at when I made the big "Leap" from Chevy to Mopar!:D

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Not off the top of my head, but I remember Overheating being a big issue (But I think XJ people run in to that problem as well).

I'll see if I can find all of the stuff I was looking at when I made the big "Leap" from Chevy to Mopar!:D
I can see how the 4.0 would be used more intensively on a vehicle such as the GC.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts