Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been eyeballing the Pr0Scan USB OBD II scanner for a while now.

Their model is ELM327 (or the one I wanted). It sells for $129 plus shipping.

I've been spending a lot of money recently so I didn't want to order it right now. It reads codes but since it is something you hook up to your computer it does much more than read codes.

I started to dig around on the Internet and found a ELM327 bluetooth on ebay for $35 and $20 shipping. It comes with software plus you can download the ProScan software for free.

It will allow me to run scans while driving using a laptop, or my bluetooth enabled PDA. I should be able to monitor O2 sensor voltages while driving.

Anyway I just ordered it, but I'll write up more when I get it. For $55 it will be a great diagnosis's tool, and since it is bluetooth, I can actually check my Jeep on my PC in the house!

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well according the the tracking, it is in Houston. Maybe I'll get it tomorrow since it is coming via USPS. BTW, this thing was shipped from China.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Finally here. Took me a while to get the bluetooth thing working. They didn't supply much information, so I had to dig on the Internet for the bluetooth passcode.

Here are some screenshots from the software connected to my running XJ.

There are 8 pages but these are the only ones that had any information on them.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's my "Drag Strip" results...

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well all in all I've been pretty impressed with it. The blue tooth isn't powerful enough for me to be able to access it from my PC upstairs, but it works just fine with the laptop.

I'm still learning the software, and what the information means, but for $55 it's amazing.

·
Registered
608 Posts
That's really cool stuff.

Never thought our XJ's were that slow, they feel a bit quicker than that on the street.
That's cuz they're torquey... You feel torque in the seat of your pants, you never feel HP, and speed is relative...

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's really cool stuff.

Never thought our XJ's were that slow, they feel a bit quicker than that on the street.
Well I would have liked to see what it would do when it was new, and stock.

I did this on a two lane country road, zero traffic and zero houses. I really felt like I was flying on that narrow road.

I'll take the wife's Mustang and do the same thing. It's a 6 and a 5 speed, but you would hope the numbers would be much better just because of the aerodynamics.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I bought a ScanGage II for my 99 XJ. It's pretty handy. Acts as a digital gauge cluster and at the same time reads various trouble codes and can clear them as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts