Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just towed my newly owned 02 Cherokee with 205k miles back at my house. I bought it from my friend for 350$ I had to reinstall the exhaust manifold and intake manifold, she had been sitting for 6 months no start. After I got it put back together and jumped her, she started right up and purrs like a kitten, three windows don’t work, and a/c don’t blow cold... can you guys give me any advice on issues/heads up for me to look out for ? I’m wanting to use her as my off-road rig hopefuly make it my project

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Well bad news is that windows could be either electrical gremlins or mechanical. Get out your voltage meter and start poking is my suggestion. AC is nice, but sometimes finding leaks is harder. You may consider a conversion to OBA if you can live without AC. Or it may just need a recharge, and thats easy enough. Congrats on the $350 score. Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, do you have a recommendation as to a possible source of an electrical problem on these cherokees or it could be anywhere

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Door hinge area. All that opening and closing over the years is hard on brittle wires. But (and I am not a Grand owner) I hear that grands can be tricky with electrical, so you should probably assume everywhere haha

·
Super Moderator
9,928 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. Nice score!
We can use a little more detail about your Jeep, What trim package, what engine?

·
Premium Member
1,543 Posts
I know this sounds stupid but is the "window lock" on? If it is it will not allow the three windows to roll down at those particular doors but will be able to roll down from the driver's door control panel.

Welcome to the forums! It is always good to see another grand in the mix.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I know this sounds stupid but is the "window lock" on? If it is it will not allow the three windows to roll down at those particular doors but will be able to roll down from the driver's door control panel.

Welcome to the forums! It is always good to see another grand in the mix.
This is a '97 to '01 XJ thing but the window lock button on the master control fails. Sounds like what you are going through.
Thing is I don't know if it is a WJ thing. On XJ's some guys resolder everything they can on the control and sometimes that works.
There is also a procedure to bypass it for XJ's.
My '00 XJ did that and I just replaced the master control.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Nice wj man . imo i would check drivers door pull pannle look 4 switch conecktors not hooked rt or burnt looking
AC id check psi see if its charged . have fun man .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts