Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well when i left el ninos house last night none of my gauges were working, hit a bump and they came on.... then today on my way to school i was driving on the expressway, at about 50mph my rpm and speedo stop working? then when i left school they were working again. any reason for that? also i really need help ....it starts fine,and runs fine for a few minutes,until it comes up to temperature.Then it will not go and starts backfiring(popping) through the breather.Continues to run but acts like it is flooding out.If i pull over and shut it off for maybe 30 seconds or so it will run fine again for just a few minutes and then start over.I have replaced the spark plugs and wires, dist. cap and rotor.( i copied and paste that) but i really can figure this out i have tried with mechanics but they look at me like im nuts. PLEASE if u have any idea, links, etc..

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
My may be a different issue, but all my gauges go to zero occasionally. I think it was doing it when it was cold out. I just hit the dash and they all go back to normal. I'm sure it just a connection issue where the instrument panel plugs into the dash.

It's been weeks since it last did it.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea im going to dig threw my connects.. but plase any type of info with my second issue would be wonderful... ive tried for so long and havent even made any type of progress.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
My first thing to always check with an XJ is the grounds. They can make it do some real strange stuff. Take all the ones under the hood that ground the engine and clean them real well and reattach them securely. If you have any doubts about a ground then add another.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
you have a 93 engine...and your ecu is a 98...i dont think this could be an issue..but idk...just saying?

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
well mah bad! :rofl:

dude you have 4 months in miami and you hate it..imagine me that i have 9 years in this crap!

anyway...

you should go to autozone and scan it again! may be you got new codes

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 month and cant wait to leave this s**t hole. atleast im going home with 5in worth of lift new bumper and no power steering leak:) oh yea!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts