Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know i've discussed in on CF but my boyfriend is in the army, currently in south carolina for basic training. they just got there yesterday so he's in reception for another week but i haven't talked to him since yesterday, they probably took his phone lol. anyways, this has been the longest week ever, since i don't have school yet so i have nothing to really occupy my time, but come monday i hope it'll all fly by. i might go out and apply for a job today too so i can keep busy and stuff. just thought i'd let everyone know! :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
stayyyyyyy busyyyyyyy. its your only hope:rofl:
its tough to wait for someone to call you when they are just about to get the shock of thier life....oh and they keep them very busy while they wait to start basic....

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
he just called about 20 minutes ago, just to tell me everything was ok and he loved me =] he said the next time he'll be able to make contact is probably wednesday. and yes, they already shaved his head lol he said he looks like a skinhead now :p i never knew a 44 second phone call could make me so happy.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
You will have to get used to quickies. When i was in they let us call maybe once a week. We usually got 10 minutes though but ofcourse we had to call several people. You can generally expect them on Sunday's since that was down day.

Wrtie him a bunch of letters even if you don't have much to say anything is better than nothing. And don't say anthing that he wouldn't want the rest of the Platoon to know incase he is lucky enough to get his letter read aloud.

Scent is a good thing to have on the letter, any familiar scent is awesom on a letter also....

That is about all I can Recommend.

47 second phone call lol, He doesn't even get that long to shower right now lol.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
47 second phone call lol, He doesn't even get that long to shower right now lol.
he doesn't have any hair left to wash lol so i doubt his showers take as long as they used to.... i swear he used to shower for 15 minutes.

·
Registered
59 Posts
You will have to get used to quickies. When i was in they let us call maybe once a week. We usually got 10 minutes though but ofcourse we had to call several people. You can generally expect them on Sunday's since that was down day.

Wrtie him a bunch of letters even if you don't have much to say anything is better than nothing. And don't say anthing that he wouldn't want the rest of the Platoon to know incase he is lucky enough to get his letter read aloud.

Scent is a good thing to have on the letter, any familiar scent is awesom on a letter also....

That is about all I can Recommend.

x2, even short letters are letters. gives him something to look forward to...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well since he left i've just been writing a little every day, kinda like a diary, just filling him in on stuff that's been happening around town and football of course because i'm sure he's dying to know :p i just have to wait until i get a letter from him before i can send it off

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
he called again today... it lasted longer than last time lol now it was 3 minutes and 20 seconds! he said he went to church and asked me how the steelers-chargers game was... i forgot half of what he said because the phone he was on had a terrible connection so i couldn't hear him very well =[ but he told me to text his mom and tell her he loved her and everything was ok... i feel bad though because i don't think he's called her and i know she misses him too. hopefully he will the next time he can call!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well i just got a letter from my boyfriend in fort jackson, he said that they've done their first PT [physical test], obstacle courses, map reading and countless hours of pushups and getting 'smoked'. he has his M16 too lol he said he looks cool in his ACUs holding it. he also said that his graduation is march 20th and i have no clue when he wrote it [i'm assuming sunday] but he said they were doing the victory tower the next day so i'm assuming they did that monday. finally got an address too so i'm sending my letter out tomorrow. and yes, i cried but they were tears of joy and pride. =]

·
Registered
642 Posts
Well hold up cause my wife is about to go through the same thing. I leave for basic tomarrow (sunday). Down in San Diego CA. Just keep writing him even if you don't have much to say. Even if it's just how your day went. It will give him the strength he needs to continue on, knowing that back home there is a very special someone waiting for him. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i just sent my letter out today and started writing another one right after lol he said to send him at least five pictures to hang in his locker.
today i went with my dad to his friends ranch and got to shoot a gun! basically the gun that my boyfriend has :p and a pistol too.
i have a picture

1 - 20 of 22 Posts