Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I get to my questiion I got to give the background.

This morning I decide to skip school to go play in the mud because I only had half a day. All went well till I went to leave going throught the last hole I slid sideways and smacked the side of a rut on the driver side door and finished busting out the rest of my floor. The past week I noticed my floor was rusted. NOw I have a hole about 3 inches wide and 8 inches long on my driver side front. Here is my method of fixing it because I dont have a welder.

Cutting a piece of metal off the side of an old work van to fit then cutting the All the rust out of the floor sliconing the pice down real good and screwing it down with self tappers till i can get a welder to fix it.

If anyone has a better plan speak up plz.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ps I'm in WV I'll get pics when i get home monday.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the advice. Any others.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
stop messin up your jeeps :dunno: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I didn't mean too. I just thouht skipping school to do a day of wheeling would be fun but you see how that bit e in the ass.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
your method is exactly what I did to fix my cargo floor from rust on the green XJ I used to have... but then I use some fiberglass to fix it permanently, since there were small, you might have to go with the welder since its a big gap

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
your method is exactly what I did to fix my cargo floor from rust on the green XJ I used to have... but then I use some fiberglass to fix it permanently, since there were small, you might have to go with the welder since its a big gap
I was thinking fix it like I said i was going to then come back and put a layer of glass over that to help keep water out and a little structure support.

·
Web Wheeler
2,573 Posts
I used pop rivets instead of screws. Also just make sure you prep the sheetmetal real well because nothing likes to stick to it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts