Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
I'm new to the site and after a little knowledge about my Jeep. I have been experiencing a problem with water getting into the vehicle and collecting in the front foot wells. I've traced the source of the leaks to the winscreen/bodywork bond. The windscreen has started to delaminate and has several chips, so naturally this will be replaced. However the quatity of water entering via this faulty bond appears to be far greater than I would imagine from rain water pasing over the area. From what I've managed to gather the screen is bonded onto a raised flange of bodywork. this would leave a trough beneath the screen. Are there supposed to be any drain channels for this trough to prevent the water pooling aginst the lower edge of the windscreen and eventually conpromising the bond.
Hope somebody out there has detailed knowledge of the screen area of the body work.
Best regards

·
Registered
9,241 Posts
:hi: Welcome to CT from Idaho!!! :rock:

Sorry that i don't have an answer for you, but sure that someone here will give you the advice that you need.
;)

·
Registered
351 Posts
my dad just got new stripping around his cuz it did the same, maybe that will help

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorted (I think)

Think I might have cured the problem. Upon removing the trim it was discovered that the bonded in windscreen was in fact no longer bonded at all. It simply lifted out. This was a bit of a surprise as from the outside with the trim in place it all appeared very rigid and sound.
Thanks for the responses and I hope my experience is of help to others. I f the problem still exists I'll keep you posted.
Cheers Watsejs

1 - 9 of 9 Posts