Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,612 Posts
I think it has more to do with led bulbs being so low amp draw that they don't create enough current through the flasher that it won't activate. I tried to replace a yellow flashing bulb in our truck tailgate which had 2. With just 1 led bulb in, it would flash, when I installed the 2nd one they stayed on solid. We had to rewire the truck with no flasher unit and buy yellow led lights that had a built in flasher.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Somebody on another forum answered the question but I am still a little confused.

Which directed me to this thread:

I think they are saying that is the way they operate from the factory with regular bulbs.
But that fix at the second link is confusing me.
I am guessing it is it make them alternate with the headlights off which appears to be not how they came from the factory.
Also that half brightness mode thing in the first paragraph under "Problems with installing LED's in the XJ:" went right over my head.

·
Super Moderator
1,136 Posts
I had all types of issues with my running lights/turn signals when I upgraded to LED. My wiring and plugs were bad so I did a complete rewire without solving the problems. The issue is that some LEDS don't prevent reverse flow from one side to the other and will back feed the circuit. My final solution is to add a diode to the lights and that prevents the back feed. The fix cost me $2 in parts. The other problems found cost me time and a total rewire of my front end lights, except headlights. Here's a link to my issues.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts