Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I have just ordered my Rubicon 3.5" lift kit. :D Just have to wait for it to be sent from the US. My neighbour is a jeep mechanic (and american) and he is ordering and fitting it for me and it's costing me $A3600.00.

Any suggestions from anyone who has done the same.

Here is a photo of my Cherokee at the moment.

Aussie Rob

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rubicon Express 3.5" SuperFlex with Rear Leaf Springs

Components included are:
RE1140 ~ GEN2 DISCONNECTS 0-2" TJ,
RE1300 ~ COIL SPRINGS XJ 3.5"/PAIR
RE1380 ~ BUMPSTOPS 2" FRONT LOWER
RE1463 ~ LEAF SPRING XJ 3.5" W/BUSHING
RE1515 ~ BRAKE LINE SS REAR 18"
RE2421 ~ U-BOLT KIT M35 REAR, YJ / XJ 2
RE3700 ~ CONTROL ARM SF2 LOWER FIXED

Also a Front Adjustable Panhard and OME shocks

Rob

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts
May I ask why you went with RE over Old Man Emu? I figured most of you guys over in Australia would go with OME since it's home is there. Not tall enough or something? Just curious :)

Of course you can't go wrong with RE ;)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To tell you the truth it was only becuase RE was highly recommended to me.

My neighbour knows Jeeps inside out and does heaps of lifts for street use right up to comps. If he said RE are the go, then they are the go. He also has RE fitted to his modified XJ.

ARB are a big OME supplier over here and they won't fit anymore than a 2" OME lift to an XJ. OME have a big following over here - my old man has it fitted to Nissan 4x4 but it's horses for courses I guess.

Rob

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts
To tell you the truth it was only becuase RE was highly recommended to me.

My neighbour knows Jeeps inside out and does heaps of lifts for street use right up to comps. If he said RE are the go, then they are the go. He also has RE fitted to his modified XJ.

ARB are a big OME supplier over here and they won't fit anymore than a 2" OME lift to an XJ. OME have a big following over here - my old man has it fitted to Nissan 4x4 but it's horses for courses I guess.

Rob
Ahh I see. Thanks for the info. I know how OME only sells 2" lifts. Technically it's not a 2" lift but a "suspension upgrade" that just happens to raise your vehicle about 2". Most of us who want the ride quality of OME but more height upgrade their kits with coil spacers and ome's AAL/shackle combo to get 4 or so inches and still have a great ride.

You'll be set with that RE kit. it's the most popular kit IMO and works very well.

·
Retired Moderator
7,287 Posts
Nice lookin' Jeep, congrats on buying the lift kit. RE makes a solid kit and you'll absolutely love the way it handles and performs.

Just one question, why'd you put your CB antenna right in your line of sight? It'd bother the heck out of me to have that where it is.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Keep the pictures coming. When are you going to get a "Kangaroo Killer" bumper? ;)

·
Registered
378 Posts
Nice lookin' Jeep, congrats on buying the lift kit. RE makes a solid kit and you'll absolutely love the way it handles and performs.

Just one question, why'd you put your CB antenna right in your line of sight? It'd bother the heck out of me to have that where it is.
They're RHD down there, so it's not in his line of sight -- it's in his passenger's. :p That's actually a pretty common place for antennas down there as it's one of the best locations for long-range reception and broadcast, other than drilling a hole and mounting the antenna smack dab in the middle of the roof.

·
Retired Moderator
7,287 Posts
They're RHD down there, so it's not in his line of sight -- it's in his passenger's. :p That's actually a pretty common place for antennas down there as it's one of the best locations for long-range reception and broadcast, other than drilling a hole and mounting the antenna smack dab in the middle of the roof.
I honestly didn't even think of that :dunno:

I knew that for reception and broadcast that is a great place, guess my mind is just trained to see it else-where on XJ's. :cheers:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Aussie Rob
Where are you located? I have a lot of friends down under from a old Kawasaki site I have been on for years. I build old Z1's early 70's kaws.
great looking Jeep can't wait to see it with the lift. keep us posted.
I'm located in Ocean Reef, a western suburb of Perth Western Australia.
Thanks for the comments about the jeep. First car and a project underway.

Rob

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Keep the pictures coming. When are you going to get a "Kangaroo Killer" bumper? ;)

Okay - I pay that as a one hell of a roo bar. Just needs the sticker that says "HERE SKIP" right in the middle of the bar. Jokes aside a roo bar is high on the list as a decent roo will make short work of the front end. An ARB steel roo bar is on the list.

Rob

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Okay - I pay that as a one hell of a roo bar. Just needs the sticker that says "HERE SKIP" right in the middle of the bar. Jokes aside a roo bar is high on the list as a decent roo will make short work of the front end. An ARB steel roo bar is on the list.

Rob
I couldn't believe this picture when I saw it. I had to find out why as this looked like something Elvis would have on the front of his caddy. I was really surprised to find out how much damage a Kangaroo would do.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I couldn't believe this picture when I saw it. I had to find out why as this looked like something Elvis would have on the front of his caddy. I was really surprised to find out how much damage a Kangaroo would do.
Oh yeah they will do huge damage and the car is usually written off. They are everywhere. Here is a photo of a driver who hit a roo and the signs on every road out of the metro area (60kms from City Centre in Perth)

Rob

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I'm located in Ocean Reef, a western suburb of Perth Western Australia.
Thanks for the comments about the jeep. First car and a project underway.

Rob
Yes sir I have a few good mates that live in Perth...
good luck with the jeep project and dont forget to post pic's

1 - 20 of 21 Posts