Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

lift kit

3K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  muddeprived 
#1 ·
I got a 1988 jeep cherokee and was wondering if anyone has done the 3 inch lift kit on it and if they used the rubber extension kit that goes on the front springs and if so how will does it work

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I have seen front spacers used with great success. However adding a shackle to an old spring is never a good recipe

#4 ·
Good lifts aren't cheap and cheap lifts aren't good. You can run the pucks in front but you will need longer brake lines and rear leaf springs. Chances are your factory suspension is tired and sagging anyways so I say save up your pennies and do it right

#6 ·
Three inch? Get Rubicon Express coils, lowest spring rate possible from them. Old Man Emu shocks and S10 bastard pack, get the leaves at the local pick and pull and use Old Man Emu shocks. About as cheap a good lift as you can get

#12 · (Edited)
My first thought that popped up:

Where are the shocks? Three inch lift with stock shocks. no

That's the cheapest of cheap kits. Save your money and get a quality kit.

#15 ·
Welcome to the forum and the club! :hi:

If you do a little research using the "search" button for "lift kits" on here, you'll find a ton of info. Most of which will discuss the cons of Rough Country. A few will favor them, but I don't think they really care about the ride or durability. Crappy bushings is probably the biggest complaint, which they warrant, but do you want to have to change your bushings every 6-12 months? Just my 2 cents.

Clayton, BDS (made by clayton) Rubicon Express, Zone are some of the better quality brands out there.

#16 ·
Yeah if you want to save a few bucks and still get a decent kit then go with Zone Off Road and opt for the full leaf packs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.