Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, whenever I have a question I usually search first but in this case I didn't know what to search for.

I currently have Rusty's BB lift (spacers and extended shackles). I want to know if I purchase a 3" lift (leaf packs and new coil springs) if the other components that came with a lift this height would be useable with the extra lift from the shackles and spacers, cause i know some parts are height sensative.:dunno:

Thanks in advance for any help.

-Gnome

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, i figured a hack'n'tap was in order...being a college student an SYE + the lift wouldn't be in budget.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Another thing to think about is that your stock lower control arms would almost be maxed out at 5"

·
Registered
378 Posts
OK, whenever I have a question I usually search first but in this case I didn't know what to search for.

I currently have Rusty's BB lift (spacers and extended shackles). I want to know if I purchase a 3" lift (leaf packs and new coil springs) if the other components that came with a lift this height would be useable with the extra lift from the shackles and spacers, cause i know some parts are height sensative.:dunno:

Thanks in advance for any help.

-Gnome
The shocks might be too short. The swaybar endlinks would definitely be too short.

At 5" of lift you'll have to have new lower arms, you'll also want new upper arms, and definitely have to get an adjustable trackbar.

And then there's the whole SYE issue.

Once it's all said and done, stacking two short lift kits generally isn't cheaper than simply buying a complete tall kit, because you need all the same parts either way.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
The shocks might be too short. The swaybar endlinks would definitely be too short.

At 5" of lift you'll have to have new lower arms, you'll also want new upper arms, and definitely have to get an adjustable trackbar.

And then there's the whole SYE issue.

Once it's all said and done, stacking two short lift kits generally isn't cheaper than simply buying a complete tall kit, because you need all the same parts either way.
What he said plus alot of other stuff..
you are better off just gitting a 4.5 or a 5" lift with all the right stuff. you can sell the Baby lift and get a few bucks back..
Opps I mean budget lift not baby lift. their I go again typing what I am thinking

1 - 6 of 6 Posts