Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i just got this cherokee. it has a 4 inch lift in it i think. ig to it off ebay. very good deal. but thats beside the point. the point is the owner b4 me installed the lift and it has no felx. its a block life.(installed blocks under the suspension). and it has no flex. what are some ways i can fix this?

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts
so i just got this cherokee. it has a 4 inch lift in it i think. ig to it off ebay. very good deal. but thats beside the point. the point is the owner b4 me installed the lift and it has no felx. its a block life.(installed blocks under the suspension). and it has no flex. what are some ways i can fix this?
more details about the lift would help. What's the front consist of? How tall is the lift and blocks? Did it come with longer shocks?

Blocks are poopy and probably the worst way to lift our jeeps.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
more details about the lift would help. What's the front consist of? How tall is the lift and blocks?

Blocks are poopy and probably the worst way to lift our jeeps.
yea i think they suck also. but. umm the blocks are 4 1/2 on the back and 4 inch on the front. umm.
i can't think of any more deatials right now..

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts
yea i think they suck also. but. umm the blocks are 4 1/2 on the back and 4 inch on the front. umm.
i can't think of any more deatials right now..
4" blocks? Does the kit come with new coil springs or spacers that go on top of the coils? If you have the ebay link, that'll help. It should still be up if it's recent. Pictures would also help.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its not recent. i have had it for awhile and just now deciding to ask for help.i have no pictures and its dark out. i can get some by tomorrow afternoon. so i'll just update this tomorrow since conclusions can't be made with the details i have now. thanks!

·
Retired Moderator
7,287 Posts
Post up some pics. You'll want to ditch the rear blocks, that much height in just blocks will not give you the flex and performance you desire. And if your front end is lifted 4" spacers (or stacked spacer), you'll definately want to ditch those too - that's just scary.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
naaa nvm. its raining outside right now.. so no pics. but yea i talked to my dad and i have come to the conclusion that just taking the blocks off and putting an 3.5 inch lift would be best and most performance enhancing way to do it

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
naaa nvm. its raining outside right now.. so no pics. but yea i talked to my dad and i have come to the conclusion that just taking the blocks off and putting an 3.5 inch lift would be best and most performance enhancing way to do it
Thats probably for the better:cheers:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts