Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well thats good. Cause i wanna go with a 3 inch AAL. I know there not the best but i really dont have the money.

·
Retired Moderator
7,287 Posts
If you're going to go with an AAL, then the first question you should ask yourself is if your current leaf packs are up to the task of AAL. Are they sagging at all? Are they really old?

If you answered yes to either of those questions, then you may want to reconsider using AALs because you won't get the desired results if you add them to sagging leafs, and if the leafs are old, they may end up sagging soon, and then you'll be upset with the results.

An AAL usually will not provide more lift than advertised. If you're looking to stay within a budget then you may want to consider piecing together a Bastard Pack. This way you can make your own leaf pack, and they actually work out pretty well for the amount of money that you'd spend on it.

·
Retired Moderator
7,287 Posts
No, as Bastard Pack is when you created a leaf pack from other leafs. For example, many people combine Chevy S10 leaf packs with their XJ leaf packs to get additional lift. Obviously, you can also use XJ leaf packs as donor leafs as well.

You can get the donor leaf packs from a junkyard and mix them together. That's why they're called Bastard Packs. Heres a link: FitchVA’s Jeep Page » Writeups » Home-Brew 2″ Budget Boost (BBB)

·
Retired Moderator
7,287 Posts
May want to consider an AAL then. I had the Rubicon Express 2" BB with full-length AAL on my Jeep for a year, and it was perfect. The only reason I no longer have it is because I decided to lift it again. One of my friends is currently using the BB on his XJ (I gave it to him upon removal), and it's still running strong.

It was $250.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts