Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my lift on today.

Right now I have a used set of 235/85/16 retreads on there. I have my eye on the 265/75/16 KM2's but they are not being produced yet. once they are on the market they are going on. I already have my order placed at work.

As for the install it was really simple. It took me right around 2hours from start to finish using basic hand tools and no air.
I had to custom make brake line relocators becuase I bought the lift used from an 02. However the mod was simple, and I'll get pics in the daylight of it.

For now here are some night time shots.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
looking goood

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tires are not supposed to be straight up and down, but yes they do lean a little more than they should. about .01 of a degree on both sides becuase I am running the stock upper control arm. Tubular control arms will allow the alignment to go back into specs.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
As you can tell from this video I had some issues with my plastic rocker covers becuase I bent my rock sliders a little. ( ATTN VIDEO HAS BAD LANGUAGE!!!! this was a few months back)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rL6BE2vHg4

Well today I pulled the rock sliders, scuffed up the rockers, popped some "little black plugs" in the holes and covered the rockers in chip guard. Gonan reinstall the sliders after i straighten them out and the chip guard dries longer

/lib002.jpg[/IMG]

·
Registered
317 Posts
Good stuff. I always like to see people rockin' the Libbies :cheers:

So how is it with the IFS? Any issues with flex or weirdness?

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Cool...I like the look so some of the lifted Libbys out there...gotta give the Sammy/Tracker/Sidekick guys come competition!!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A liberty compares in NO WAY to a tracker/sidekick. I would take on of those as a wheeler over a liberty anyday.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Tires are not supposed to be straight up and down, but yes they do lean a little more than they should. about .01 of a degree on both sides becuase I am running the stock upper control arm. Tubular control arms will allow the alignment to go back into specs.
If your camber is off so slight, it might not seem to make a difference but if you start DD'ing this, your going to have premature tire wear. Take it to a good alignment shop, your camber should be adjustable with in a few degrees even stock. Related / unrelated but have you have your lower ball joints checked? Not sure if yours is part of the recall...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It has a 2.5" lift one stock upper controls there isnt enough adjustment on the camber bushings to bring it back to spec. You have to replace the uppers with Al's tubular arms.

I work at a shop, with a brand new hunter alignment rack.

I rotrate my tires religiously, and really am not concern about a .01 of a degree.

My ball joints are not effected by the recall and they are tight as can be.

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts
It has a 2.5" lift one stock upper controls there isnt enough adjustment on the camber bushings to bring it back to spec. You have to replace the uppers with Al's tubular arms.

I work at a shop, with a brand new hunter alignment rack.

I rotrate my tires religiously, and really am not concern about a .01 of a degree.

My ball joints are not effected by the recall and they are tight as can be.
This is true. I had the same problem on my 2000 dodge dakota when i lifted it 3". I had to get fabtech's longer A-arms to bring it within specs. The tires did wear but they were goodyears and deserved to wear badly :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts