Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 20 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well i might as well start a build thread sense i have been around a while. Well i bought my xj Jan 2008 when i was 17 for 2800 bucks with 153k on the clock. I didn't take very many pictures when i first got it because the lack of a camera.

It was stock for about a year while i was doing all the maintenance stuff on it...AC, all the fluids and brakes. And i was also researching lifts, i wanted to make sure i got the best i could afford and be happy with it.

I then bought an Alpine deck with iPod hook-up.

Then I ordered a RE 3.5 Superflex with rancho 5000's and cheap 31x10.50r15's and installed it in june 2009. I also installed a DIY t-case drop. Sorry i only have one picture of the lift install.

The lift rode a little stiff and first but it softened up quickly. The lift is actually sitting at around 4.5 in. And thats how it sat for about 4 months until i got tired of the driveline vibs.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
In Sept. 09 I got an Advance Adapters SYE for my birthday and installed that with a stock front shaft with 4 degree shims. No pictures because i did the install with the t-case still in the jeep. I now have now more vibrations.

I then started my first year of college and the jeep got put on the backburner for a while until i paid all those bills.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Love the way your rig looks, clean color scheme, lift is perfect, Now you just need some 31"s on black steel rims (I know everyone has their own opinion but I like the black trim details on a trail rig) for the trails and it would keep with the sharp look. Nice start.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I was tired of the rear end higher than the front so i picked up a set of .75 in spacers and while i was doing that i did the rear main and pan gasket.

About a month ago i decided i wanted a different look and picked up a set of black d-windows 15x8 4 in backspace.

I need to install my new front braided lines but the weather has been crappy and my brothers mustang is taking up the garage.

Future Mods as money allows
AJ's supersliders
JCR stage 4 front bumper
C4x4 rear bumper and tire carrier
32" or 33" KM2's or Coopers
Rear locker and regear to 4.10 or 4.56 depends on what tire i go with.
Bushwacker flat style fender flares

·
Registered
9,241 Posts
nice!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Administrator
6,410 Posts
Clean build.

Did you remove the transfer case drop when you installed the SYE?

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well its been forever that we have had a nice weekend so i plan on getting a bunch of small things done on the jeep. Install my new braided front brake lines, do a trans service and maybe a cooler, take off the shock boots, and grease up all the joints cause everything is starting to squeak.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Nice build. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So I decided it would be a good idea to protect my transmission from the heat. So i bought a B&M Supercooler.

I installed it inline after the cooler in the radiator, I removed the quick disconnect line coming off the bottom of the radiator and put the new rubber line on with a hose clamp. I cut the hard line next to the balancer and put the other hose on that with a hose clamp. I then ran the hoses through the crossmember and attached them to the cooler. I don't have any of the install, but if you want pictures of the hoses i can take a few and post them as well.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
nice! I have been putting off the exhaust for way to long
Ya, i hope it helps the power a little. But if it doesn't it will still sound good.

looks real clean bro. hope my build comes out lookin that good.
Thanks:thumbsup: I'm sure yours will! Just take your time and do lots of research.

1 - 20 of 207 Posts