Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Wisconsin Wheeler
3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

My little brother wants to lift his 1995 ZJ. He was looking at a 4" Rough Country lift. Other than getting a new stearing stabalizer, is there anything we should need to worry about? Im not to familiar with Grand Cherokee's. What about slip yoke eliminators and stuff like that? Any kind of input would be awesome.

Thanks

·
Banned
851 Posts
I'm running the 3.5" RE soft ride kit. And I bought JKS adjustable track bars for the front and rear.. I've seen all to many Rough Country Control arms in the rear of the ZJ break. And all Iron Rock Offroad is, is re badged Rough Country parts so I wouldn't go that way either..

If you want a good kit for the ZJ get a RE, BDS, Full Traction or a Tomkin kit for it.. All are great quality kits..

·
Wisconsin Wheeler
3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok. well say he decided to go with the RC lift for the ZJ. what else would/should he be concerned about when buying the kit? like what other parts might he need extra that dont come in the RC kit?

p.s: the pic from RC looks like their greasable control arms, are those the same control arms you are thinking about nick?

·
Banned
851 Posts
Yep they are, if they had a locking nut on them they would hold up better. But they tend to flex where the threads engage..

Basically if he get's the RC kit he should look into getting a front and rear adjustable trackbar, and some sway bar disconnects (if the kit don't have them some do). Other than that it's a rather complete kit..

With a ZJ just remember the front is basically the exact same as a XJ.. The only place they differ is the rear.

·
Registered
600 Posts
ok. well say he decided to go with the RC lift for the ZJ. what else would/should he be concerned about when buying the kit? like what other parts might he need extra that dont come in the RC kit?

p.s: the pic from RC looks like their greasable control arms, are those the same control arms you are thinking about nick?
Did he get the lift yet? I'm not sure if you saw the other thread or not, but the ZJ lift now comes with RC's new control arms, which are a big improvement over the old arms which nick was describing.

·
Wisconsin Wheeler
3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Did he get the lift yet? I'm not sure if you saw the other thread or not, but the ZJ lift now comes with RC's new control arms, which are a big improvement over the old arms which nick was describing.
he did not order it yet. money is a little tight. thanks for the update on the lift change. it didnt matter to him or I about the control arms. i know there was a huge argument in that other thread over them but from what i have seen on the trails was that the old CA are real great as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
check it out i have a 4" rc lift i used all the old stuff except i made my own quick disconnects but other than that the kit is complete. everything ya need is in it just make sure to measure out the control arms like it says in the instructions
<<<<<<<Look at my pics and album

1 - 17 of 17 Posts