Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm saving up for my first lift. . . I've pretty much decided I want to go with either a 3" or 3 1/2" lift. I've been looking at Rustys Offroad and they have a 3" spring pack kit. . . has anyone used this one? Would you recommend it?

I've heard great things about Rubicon but they are SO expensive.

I'd appreciate ya'lls feedback on lifts - best brands, best for installation, etc.

Thanks!
Chase

·
Registered
642 Posts
Rough country is Pretty good for the price. Just don't make a 6.5" into a 8.5" on a short arm :peep::brickwall:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks guys for the posts. . . I had not heard of Rough Country - I'll look into it.

Fortunately, I ain't look to put on a 6.5" or 8.5" lift. . . yet. :D But I did know about not going with the aal - my dad taught me. :)

Hey JeepGod - just noticed you have the same year and trim level as my XJ. Nice to see a fellow Classic owner.

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
Thanks guys for the posts. . . I had not heard of Rough Country - I'll look into it.

Fortunately, I ain't look to put on a 6.5" or 8.5" lift. . . yet. :D But I did know about not going with the aal - my dad taught me. :)

Hey JeepGod - just noticed you have the same year and trim level as my XJ. Nice to see a fellow Classic owner.
Just wanted to say your dad taught you well:cheers:

·
Registered
20 Posts
got mine from the junkyard cost about 120 counting shocks netted about 4 inches
s10 leaf springs
f150 coils
f150 shocks
commanche shackles

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
got mine from the junkyard cost about 120 counting shocks netted about 4 inches
s10 leaf springs
f150 coils
f150 shocks
commanche shackles
what f 150 shocks fit i never heard of that?

·
Registered
324 Posts
RC springs are VERY stiff and the ride is not good...

But if someone was using F-150 coils... they would probably think the ride is great....

The spring rates on F-150 coils are pretty high due to the weight of the truck. Your XJ isnt any where near that heavy...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts