Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's in a sharing mood? Let's have a fun thread. What is a little known fact about you? No need to tell us where the bodies are buried, just the fun stuff that has nothing to do with Jeeps.
About me: hmmm ... let's see now ... I played competition Table Tennis for years and I was a rated US Table Tennis Assn member. Boring, I know, especially in the USA, but true. And since I was born in Jamaica ...

Who's next with something more "juicy"? :pop:

(no, I never smoked weed :D )

·
Registered
214 Posts
i have a second degree black belt in kenpo karate! yayyyy lol
i don't have many secrets :p

·
Registered
607 Posts
Hm - things I keep close to the vest are there for a reason...

However, due to a set of odd opportunities, I managed to get a PADI card, a skydiver's ticket, and a pilot's license before I had my driver's license. My grandfather was a skydiving and SCUBA instructor, and there was a one-semester course in middle school called "Aerospace Science" taught by a CFI, who gave us the option of taking it for school credit or as FAA Ground School credit (with school credit being secondary.) The FAA test was tougher, but it saved me the significant outlay of Ground School. He would then take you up evenings and week-ends for the cost of fuel to get logged time toward your Private Pilot/Rec Pilot license.

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
ohnoes.gif I am scared to death of boats. I love to swim in the deapest waters, I love to Bass fish, But I shake when I get near any kind of boat ( Even row boats )

·
Registered
607 Posts
View attachment 462 I am scared to death of boats. I love to swim in the deapest waters, I love to Bass fish, But I shake when I get near any kind of boat ( Even row boats )
Funny how some of those things can work out, no?

I'll still go out the door at 30,000 feet on a minute's notice, and enjoy the fall! I can't stand to climb more than two feet on a ladder (although I've no trouble hanging off of a scaffold, perching on a ledge, standing on a roof peak, or climbing 30-40 metres up a rock pitch.) It's not acrophobia - I just don't like ladders.

·
Registered
694 Posts
In high school I was a 4 time letter winner in Wrestling and 4 in Football ! And now im chubby,....boo....because the only sport I do now is softball. I lack motivation.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Well lets see.

When I was about 5 years old my Mom had told me there would be a comet visible to the naked eye. I got up late (early morning I think) excited about seeing the comet, went to living room to look for it and I saw it! It was sitting on the road about 600 feet away.

It was about 35 feet in diameter and didn't have a tail. Later I found out that coments don't sit on the road.

Also I thought this one was pretty strange since it didn't have a tail. Just a large round glowing "white" ball.

When I was 18 I replaced a bad piston in my 327. Took it for a test drive (at 130+) and ran into the back of someone totalling both vehicles. I bought a 1972 Nova and moved all the goodies (including the 327) over to it.

I got my amatuer radio license when I was 16. I learned to fly when I was 24 (never got my license). Flying is probably the most fun you can have with your pants on!

Accidently flew an ultralight when I was about 30.

Played a lot of baseball when I was young. Made $35 hitting home runs. Team was in 1st place each year, including "pony" league.

I have a bad temper and I have no problem showing it. I found out in my 30's that you can go to prison for hitting someone! I'm serious. I didn't know. lol

Once man handled a guy that was smoking in the dollar theator. He didn't do anything so it was just a ruff up.

·
Registered
474 Posts
-played baseball for 9 years and hit 5 grand slams and played in the all star league my last year and our team one. stopped playing when coaches took it to seriously and it took all the fun out of it.

-if someone gets mad when i dont do something, i wont do it. i cant handle punishments to help motivate me..to much of that growing up.

-i rarely get pissed off but when i do, watch out. i have an adrenaline dis-order that causes me to lose control when i get to mad. in junior high, some kid tried to break me and my gf at the time up. he was a grade above me and alot stronger than me. one day we were walking to the school bus when he came up behind her and put his arms around her. i took him by the neck and threw him to the ground and started beating the s*** outta him. took 2 gym teachers to get me off him. broke his nose, both black eyes and lots of bruises..suspended from school..never saw him again.

-i absolutely HATE slow drivers and stupid/bad drivers. no not people who do the speed limit..people driving waaaay under it on a single lane road. and people that do stupid things while driving. people with road rage make me laugh. i will often mess with em.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I couldn't agree with you more on the slow drivers. I live in Southern California, so there aren't many 2 lane highways, but there is one near me, Carbon Canyon Road. It's only about 10 miles long, but when you're supposed to be going 45mph, and you're only going 30, It causes one hell of a back-up of pissed off drivers.

Just a little fact about myself is that I collect toy and model cars (hotwheels, matchbox, johnny lightning, etc.) I have many different sizes from 1:87 to 1:18. I mostly have 1:64 (hotwheels size). I only collect cars that are real manufacturers, not the weird fantasy cars.

My most recent aquisition is a 1:27 2006 Jeep Wrangler (TJ) Rubicon, dark blue. I only paid $1.74 for it, it was on clearance at my work. It has great detail.

Here's just an idea of the detail I'm talking about:

And here's the close-up:

It actually says Jeep on the wheels! It's hard to see with the naked eye. But was even harder to capture on my camera, lol.

·
Web Wheeler
2,573 Posts
I can drink a gallon of milk in a half hour :p

·
Registered
105 Posts
2008 was an eventful year for me. I suffered my first broken bone in May (motorcycle wreck), turned 51 in August and bought My first jeep in September.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow ... glad I started this one. Lotsa fun stuff here. Melissa, that boat stuff is weird, makes me feel not so weird :D. Born on an island, can't swim, & I am afraid of water. I mean lakes, pools, ocean, river ... like that. I get the sensation of drowning when there's water running over my head, so I never wash my hair while taking a shower. Makes me hyperventilate.

Jeepchick all I can say is :bow: :bow:

TimGixxerman ... here kitty, kitty :rofl: . Kidding. I hate needles too.
In keeping with the theme of the thread: I have road rage.
No wait ...

that's not a "little known fact" ...

Keep 'em coming guys/gals. Interesting stuff here! :pop:

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
I weighed 180 pounds when I was eleven :eek:
Never saw that number again, even through being pregnant with both my daughters.
Now I am still 5' 7" and weigh 155 :thumbsup:

·
Registered
607 Posts
I weighed 180 pounds when I was eleven :eek:
Never saw that number again, even through being pregnant with both my daughters.
Now I am still 5' 7" and weigh 155 :thumbsup:
Yow! I thought I got my size young!

I started shaving at 12. Broke six feet tall and two hundred pounds at 13. First one in my family (both sides!) in four generations to break six feet - mom's 5'4" and dad's 5'7". I'm 6'3", 260# (and my wife is 5'2". I've noticed that tall men tend to have a fixation on short women. Don't know why...)

@marvinsc - you now have a built-in barometer. You'll have (small Fx) a few hours' warning when it's going to rain. How do I know? Experience - my list of Fx includes: pelvis, distal metacarpal on left hand, six ribs (don't recall which,) right shoulder (most if it is now synthetic,) C2 & C5 (neck,) nasal cartilage, and shattered face between a line just above the rootline of my upper teeth and roughly my hairline, including both zygomatic arches (the arch of bone on the outside of your eye socket) and the roof of the left eye socket. I get days when the shift in weather causes me so much pain I can't even get out of bed. So, try not to break anything major, OK?

@Mudderoy - close. I've found that jumping out of 'em is even more fun than flying 'em! "Show me a perfectly good airplane, and I'll stay in it!"

·
Registered
1,122 Posts

I started shaving at 12. Broke six feet tall and two hundred pounds at 13. I'm 6'3", 260# (and my wife is 5'2". I've noticed that tall men tend to have a fixation on short women. Don't know why...)
That right there described me down to the age weight and height.

Something about me, lets see I own a PINTO!

·
Premium Member
954 Posts

I started shaving at 12. Broke six feet tall and two hundred pounds at 13. First one in my family (both sides!) in four generations to break six feet - mom's 5'4" and dad's 5'7". I'm 6'3", 260# (and my wife is 5'2". I've noticed that tall men tend to have a fixation on short women. Don't know why...)
My size was due to living across the street from a shopping mall and walking over everynight to see my grandma at work and then having dinner with her at a dags fast food restaurant. When I moved out into the country, I lost all the weight.

Both of my daughters who are 12, and 10 weigh less than 100lbs, and eat everything in sight, but at least they can burn it off outside.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts