Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

221 - 240 of 249 Posts

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
You're insane. But more power to ya! Get busy.

·
Premium Member
9,069 Posts
Nothing like having one around for spare parts:whistling:

·
Registered
739 Posts
I know that dualing projects thing all to well. Well I have another one in the garage but it's not a jeep. Good luck with the swaps and installs.

·
Super Moderator
10,076 Posts
Small update, as most know I've recently purchased a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Edition to be my daily driver. So that means the Beast will stay in the garage until done. that being said just placed an order with iron Rock and the Beast will be getting a new lift. And donating the current one to the new daily driver. A crap ton of work will be done in the next few months to get both of them ready.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I'm positively convinced that you are mental! And are one who has a major upgrade addiction. SMDH. Don't know what I'm gonna do with you??

·
Super Moderator
10,076 Posts
You just figured that out?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
It's one of those things were you know deep down, but keep ignoring the signs!! :hi:

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #228
Thou is still breathing. It's the season for candy cane's and camo....lol ...been busy with kids and hunting. Haven't touched either WJ yet. The Overland is way over due for insp.but I got a little list of things to do before I can get my stickers. My alt.bearing is goin bad in the overland too. Worst case guess I can pull the one outta the beast if I have to. I am gonna start working on them in February, hopefully getting the overland lifted and ready for daily duty again and we'll we will see about the beast and how much I have left. I may just hire someone to finish it. Depending on how my back feels. I don't want it to turn into a never ending project. Still need a tranny for it too.

·
Super Moderator
10,076 Posts
I have a 98 Zj with a 318 sitting in my driveway. It has quadratrac. I don't know anything more about it. But it did run until the frame rotted out and the crossmember dropped on the right side. Can you use that tranny? Or is it too old.

·
Super Moderator
10,076 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
The 44re is not much different from the 42re. You may want to look into it. May have to deal with TCUs not meshing with the PCM.

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
Well if that's that, then the late version of the 42re is what you're looking for. Grand Cherokee's 97-02-ish, Cherokees 97 through 01, and some Dakota trucks...

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
Well buddy, hows the beast these days?

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
7 hours and 3 minutes is when later is....and thats now. Cmon man, we want pics

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #240
Wow didn't know a barn find was that interesting. ...covered in dust and cob webs. I'll need the shop vac before I start anything.... someday

Attachments

221 - 240 of 249 Posts