Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to the gang. I looked for ways to open my 89 cherokee's driver door, on the Forum. I followed some ideas but resorted to my best Friend and went for it. I took the door handle latch off-three screws, removed the the door grip-two screws, and the window crank handle. I had to remove the bottom inside foot guard, on the bottom, of the door panel- two screws. I pried the bottom side door panel snaps free with much force working my way to the back and up to the window. Then I pulled off as many on the front as I could with the door still not open. I wiggled the side panel upwards back at the lock portion of the door and the panel lifted free finally. I twisted the side panel all around to remove it completely and off of the door handle latch. Had to remove the semi clear plastic covering off of the door to expose the guts of it all. I found two long rods running from the lock area of the door back by the outside handle. One for the lock mechanism and one for the door latch. Wallaa!. I pulled them each and recognized which direction to pull by how the door latch worked. It is near sub zero now and I will just leave it as is until the weather makes it more bearable. The opens and closes now. So happy work. I will ask my Friend to help me to put it all back soon. He always does.

Zappo

1 - 1 of 1 Posts