Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, not looking for hardcore off road trails but I would like to find a drive up north that may be "the road less traveled" type of set up. Maybe somewhere an area doesn't get plowed immediately during the snow storm, throw in some mountain views and tall pines and i'll be happy. Just looking for a relaxing/fun scenic drive through some snow. Anyone in the New England area have any suggestions for routes?

·
Registered
276 Posts
I always just like to drive around the back roads of NH. Near the center of the state you can find a bunch of dirt roads that crest some hills with great views of the White Mountains. Unfortunately I can't remember and road or town names though...

·
Administrator
6,410 Posts
Kancamangus Highway. Maine into New Hampshire. Anywhere in Vermont.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome, I've been up there a few times to climb Mt. Washington. I will have to try that route. Maybe i'll wait for a weekend they are calling for snow to make my way up there. Do you know if there are any back roads that don't get plowed right away. Down here in CT the plows are out for a half inch, all you see is sparks flying everywhere...its absolutely pathetic. :brickwall:

·
Registered
276 Posts
There's tons of class 6 roads up here that never get plowed, but some of them are closed, so they're hit or miss. Most of the smaller towns don't always get around to plowing right away. If I'm ever going exploring/looking for dirt roads, I just look for an undeveloped area on Google maps, somewhere that isn't near much. I'm heading back down to CT in a few days, so I'm gonna be missing NH roads

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Had to look up class 6 roads but that sounds good. Haha, maybe i'll just do like you mentioned and look up small towns on the map.

Coming TO CT???? WHY!? haha. Just kidding, I suppose its not TOO bad down here.....ehh who am i kidding. Hahaha

·
Registered
276 Posts
Had to look up class 6 roads but that sounds good. Haha, maybe i'll just do like you mentioned and look up small towns on the map.

Coming TO CT???? WHY!? haha. Just kidding, I suppose its not TOO bad down here.....ehh who am i kidding. Hahaha
I'm done for the semester, so I'm heading home. But soon I'll be back out of there and into the great state of New Hampshire. Haha. Let me know if you ever do go up exploring and want a buddy, if I can afford the gas I'm always down for an adventure.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds good! If it stays rainy and 50 degrees all winter in CT I will definitely be heading up there after the holidays in search of snow. Haha. Will let you know!

·
Administrator
6,410 Posts
Connecticut-member CherokeeTalk meet is basically what I heard...

·
Administrator
6,410 Posts
Everyone legal drinking age?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well now I just feel old. Haha.

On another note, any of you guys ever do easy greens at RC?? My daily driver is nice, and very underequipped compared to past rigs i've built, but i'd still like to hit some dirt once in a while.

·
Registered
276 Posts
If by RC you mean Rausch Creek, then no. I have yet to go down there, but I want to try to make a trip hopefully in the sometime near future.

·
Registered
276 Posts
So I just got back from a week of camping up in the Whites, and they are looking beautiful with plenty of snow on the ground. If y'all are still interested in meeting up anywhere for a drive, I'm still down for that!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts