Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel like a total noob not having ever owned a Jeep before and being over 10 years out of owning a 4X4. Is there anyone that lives close that can help me inspect my XJ andmaybe give me some pointers in the right direction. I love this Jeep, and don't want to do anything the wrong way on it. I live in Stroudsburg, PA. When I take on a project that I love, I try to live it completely so that I am as informed as possible. My being tight on funds makes me really nervous about doing anything to my XJ to jeopardize it's well-being and my bank account. Just hoping to get some real insight as to what I've just taken on.

·
Premium Member
11,612 Posts
I'm on the west side of PA. Dunno if that's close but if you want some online-advice, we are here to help you :) Anything you need to know, just ask. Take pictures of things and we'll discuss what's good/bad. :)

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm prepared for that, I'm just a better hands-on learner. like if you literally show me how much play a part should have, or have a jeep that has mods on it that I could just crawl under and ask questions about, I would get what I need to know much faster. I'll just have to find my camera and card reader and start with the pics I guess. Thanx for the advice.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking maybe I'll just hold out for a trail ride, or some kind of thing like OK4WD puts on and just ask a bunch of questions there. It would be cool if anyone in the area is going on a trail ride near here if I could tag along, but my jeep is all stock except the bad paint, so I can't get very technical.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Are you familiar with Blue Mountain Jeep Alliance aka BMJA.
check out their web site at BMJA.org
They are a local Jeep club(to you) based out of Hamburg, PA.
Better luck at finding someone local to help/watch with hands on stuff.
they have a meet and greet this Saturday in Palm, PA
I just got an XJ and have gotten some good info from the guys on the forum there. I joined the club many years ago when there were only 50 people or so and it got hundreds of members now. I'm new to the XJ thing also, me being a CJ guy originally.

·
Retired Moderator
7,287 Posts
OK4WD is hosting their annual open house next weekend (5/16 I think). Check their website for details. The North Jersey Jeep Club will be there, with a booth, so stop over and ask one of those guys to check out your rig.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanx for the suggestions guys. I plan on going to the OK4WD thing and BMJA sounds like it would benefit me too. I appreciate the help.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey I'm from Lancaster and know more than the average bear about xjs so if you would wanna meet up I can show u mods and quarks of an xj

1 - 11 of 11 Posts