Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last time I changed the lube in my rear axle (8.25) I noticed the spider gears were showing some wear. I'm kicking the idea around about replacing them with the Aussie Locker this spring/summer.

I'm wanting opinions on this locker from people with experience with them. Pro's/Con's? Keep in mind this is my DD, and I don't wheel it very often, so I need to know how it preforms on the street.

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts
There are a few quirks that you will notice when running a rear locker but after a bit of time driving it and figuring out how it handles, they will become normal and won't bother you anymore. Some of these quirks are ratcheting around corners, turning requiring a bit more effort since the rear is pushing forward, slight change in direction when you hit the gas at highway speeds, a bit of increased tire wear, sideways driving, and of course 100% TRACTION ;)

These are little quirks though, nothing MAJOR that will make you dislike the locker. The traction gained far outweighs the negative aspects of an auto locker. I say get one and don't look back :)

Sooner or later you will get a front locker too, it WILL HAPPEN so plan on it ;) Lockers are like cigarettes, once you try one, it's hard to stop using. :bow:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts