Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
some how i lost my top brake bracket bolt. I was at a friends this morning welding up my new junkyard muffler and when i went to leave my front wheels were locked up but i could go forward.I didn't figure it out till i backed up in 4l hard and it freed up and crapped out the cap and end of my new u joint i put in last month! lol
autozone was cool they gave me a new one when i stopped by on my way home.When i got home got my wheel off and saw the scrapes inside the rim. the caliper was acting like a ratchet.
Now every one thinks the yokes arent strong enough and they go get ones off abs cars...ha why bother! the uj will give before the yoke.
so i went to the junkyard and pulled a axle and i just put it in since the spicer uj looked and felt good even though i have a new autozone greasable. check out the pics of the carnage:)

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
My favorite part is how he got the front wheels un-stuck.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My favorite part is how he got the front wheels un-stuck.

oh putting it in 4l and gong for the checkered flag in reverse??
the good thing is i had it fixed in a hour 30mins on each rig plus the drive time to the bone yard.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
oh putting it in 4l and gong for the checkered flag in reverse??
the good thing is i had it fixed in a hour 30mins on each rig plus the drive time to the bone yard.
lol, yes.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol, yes.
well i just did the vac 4w disconnect and figured i must have leaked my diff fluid out and ruined it the night before so i didn't think i had much to lose. plus my friend had to leave for a job out of town so i wasn't trying to be stuck at his place when his roommates got home

1 - 7 of 7 Posts