Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, many of you are tech-minded around here, so maybe you can help. The end of the AC charger to my MacBook has been fraying at the end (picture at bottom). Anyone have any ideas what I could do to repair this? New chargers are around $90 so I really don't want to have to replace it. It has frayed down to it's last few strands. Help, please!

Sorry the pictures are so fuzzy, but you get the general idea.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Dude...Get a Dell! ;)

·
Registered
3,805 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Really though...

$30 Shipped!!

http://cgi.ebay.ca/MagSafe-Power-Adapter-for-Apple-MacBook-Pro-Charger-60W_W0QQitemZ180314557211QQihZ008QQcategoryZ80064QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I know people get sketchy about buying Chinese stuff sometimes...but I bought a similar power wire/charger for my Dell and it works great...and cost a hell of a lot less the the one Dell had for sale...
Later.
my girlfriend is on her third ebay charger in 2 years for her dell. already past the 70 dollar dell one she should have bought the first time.

and oh btw, mac failures make me el oh el.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
my girlfriend is on her third ebay charger in 2 years for her dell. already past the 70 dollar dell one she should have bought the first time.

and oh btw, mac failures make me el oh el.
I paid $11.00 for the one I got and I can't tell a difference between the original Dell one and the "Ebay" one I got, other then the light on the Dell one is green and the light on the cheap one is blue...Mine works great, and was probably built in the same factory...maybe it's just the luck of the draw, but I've had no problems...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts