Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are now accepting entries into Modified Cherokee Of The Month.

Provide us with some pictures of your Jeep and as much information as you can. We will add the poll after we have received (5) entries.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeep Of The Month Rules for the Modified Category:

* To qualify for modified class Jeeps must have 2.5" or more lift and 31" or Bigger tires.

* Mods will announce and open up a new thread for submissions each month

* Must be an active member of CT to participate

* Must include a minimum of 2 photos and a maximum of 5 photos and info as listed below

* Entries will be accepted until the 25th. Merry Christmas

* Entries may be closed early if there are too many entries for the current month

* There will be a maximum of five (5) entries to be voted on per month

* Mods will open up a poll so that members may vote for their favorite Jeep

* Winners to be announced on the 1st of the following month

* Any Jeep not selected as a winner is free to enter again in following months.

* In case of a tie the moderators will decide the winner.

* Rules may be changed, modified, added or removed as deemed necessary by the moderators of this forum

* Winners must wait 1 year from date of winning before entering again

*The winners of each month will be put into a COTY (the year) poll- At mods discretion

Mods will choose up to five (5) Jeeps of those nominated below to be voted on by board members

To nominate a Jeep, please supply the following information:

* Year:

* Model:

* Engine:

* Mods/Custom Stuff:

* Other Info:

* Photos:

Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Year:1992
Model: Cherokee Laredo
Engine: 4.6L Stroker from Golen Engines
Mods/Custom Stuff: 5.5" Rubicon Express Lift springs, Iron Rock Offroad Longarms. Bilstein 5100s. Homebrew heim steering upgrade. CavFab Over axle track bar(soon to go on). Eaton E-locked front, Lock-rite Rear locker. 4.56 gears. SYE with Front and Rear Adams Driveshafts. Grand Cherokee rear disc brakes. Homebrew Rear swing carrier and bumper. Homebrew Front bumper. Spectre cowl intake. IronMan motor mounts. Homebrew rocker sliders. 35x12.50R15 BFG ATs.
Other Info: 10lb Powertank for onboard air. Train horn with compressor and small air tank. Custom StarWars headliner :badgerslayer::badgerslayer:. 98 center console because why not. custom made relay/fuse box and switch panel for lightbars and cooling fan. 96 A/C upgrade(i.e. compressor, condenser lines etc.)

Photos: Ill get pictures are a little old need new ones this summer. And of course my jeep was at my wedding :rock:

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
* Year: 1999

* Model: XJ classic

* Engine: 4.0L

* Mods/Custom Stuff: 5" BDS lift - Black Magic brakes - 33x12.50 Dick Cepek extreme country tires on Tactik black satin steel wheels

* Other Info: AW4/NP231/Chrysler 8.25/Dana HP30- Tried to keep the stock look and cut as little as possible (for now)

* Photos:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually it's 4" front/ 5" rear. I spent all my money on my Rubicon and I'm trying to fix this one up as money permits. I drive this one much more as my DD. My brother wants my Rubi and he also has a lifted 2015 4 door JK that he rarely drives (6,500 miles). He has the one thing I don't....MONEY.
BDS is good stuff. How is the ride?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Like most of the nitro shocks I've tried, great offroad and on big stuff, but I can run over a quarter on the street and tell if it's heads or tails. I love the Rancho 9000XL adjustable shocks on my Rubicon. It's nice to click a tab and adjust them for the terrain you're on. I got them with only 3000 street miles on craigslist for $120 for all four. Otherwise I couldn't afford them.

·
Super Moderator
10,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Like most of the nitro shocks I've tried, great offroad and on big stuff, but I can run over a quarter on the street and tell if it's heads or tails. I love the Rancho 9000XL adjustable shocks on my Rubicon. It's nice to click a tab and adjust them for the terrain you're on. I got them with only 3000 street miles on craigslist for $120 for all four. Otherwise I couldn't afford them.
Nice. I'm running worn out doestech. I real every bump! I'll get new ones when I upgrade to 4.5". That's for the tip on the ranchos.n

·
Registered
63 Posts
Nice. I'm running worn out doestech. I real every bump! I'll get new ones when I upgrade to 4.5". That's for the tip on the ranchos.n
Sure thing. I've tried so many bad riding shocks on my 18 Jeeps over the years. I've heard good things about the less expensive Rancho rs5000X shocks on TJ forums. Nothing like the crap riding old rs5000 shocks without the "X". I haven't tried them personally, so I can't give an honest opinion. Nice to be a new member here. :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
10,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sure thing. I've tried so many bad riding shocks on my 18 Jeeps over the years. I've heard good things about the less expensive Rancho rs5000X shocks on TJ forums. Nothing like the crap riding old rs5000 shocks without the "X". I haven't tried them personally, so I can't give an honest opinion. Nice to be a new member here. :thumbsup:
Nice to have you here!

·
Registered
927 Posts
Those are some nice rides to choose from this month!

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
look into bilstein shocks seriously, out of all my friends jeeps, mine rides the best because of the shocks. definite worth spending a little extra :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
look into bilstein shocks seriously, out of all my friends jeeps, mine rides the best because of the shocks. definite worth spending a little extra :)
I thought about trying them, before talking to Blaine Johnson that builds Jeeps. He's the owner of Black Magic brakes and Savvy Offroad.

If you can tolerate the Bilsteins, that will invalidate any discussion you and I may have from now on. :rofl: They are quite possibly the most annoying damper I've ever used.

Folks tend to brag about how nicely they eat up the larger events while failing to mention accurately in the same breath they are real handy at determining if a quarter is heads or tails simply by passing a tire over it.

Small event harshness is quite annoying to me.

·
Super Moderator
10,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Polls are open!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now vote Dammit!

Gunna be tuff!!!

·
Registered
175 Posts
woot woot
go competitors

I hope one of yall wins

I had a hard time deciding which one to vote on
but I voted my hart

1 - 20 of 28 Posts