Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Me and my new bride (14 yrs ago) went to the mountains in WV for a camping, trout fishing trip in April. Almost froze to death but stayed in a cheesy TeePee in a tourist trap. Lots of fun.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
went with the BSA to Tanama River here in PR, and a supposed 1 hour hike end up a 5 hour hike, we lost the trail but then find the river and hike in the water to the waterfall that starts it and where we camped at, that was a great trip.. been back about 3 more times but nothing like the first

·
Registered
872 Posts
July 4th weekend 2005. A large group of friends, including my Wife and I, camped in the mountains near Wilkerson Pass, CO. We had a tent that we had used for years with no troubles at all. Over the course of the next three days it rained relentlessly!! Needless to say, we experienced some "troubles" with our temporary dwelling!! There was about 5" of water standing in the floor of the tent when I awoke. Sleeping bags COMPLETELY soaked, everything was drenched!! We had a few drinks around the camp fire, so we were sleeping pretty damn good. I woke up the wife to show her what a good time we were having! She was thrilled!! We spent the night in the Jeep, cool as crap, and wet....it was a VERY memorable trip to say the least!!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Any camping trip with my wife is memorable ... she is a s nuts as I am :D

This past summer we camped at a local pay-site, which we don't normally do. We normally just head into the bush and camp wherever we choose, but this time my Jeep was home and we were in her 08 Acadia (no bush for that princess).

Anyway, we were alone and not too many people around and got absolutely hammered (which we also don't normally do - except when we camp) and be damned if we didn't end up running around the campground buck naked laughing like a couple of teenagers in the middle of the night...we are both 45 :D

We were drinking a mix of some kind of coffee flavored vodka, Baileys, Sambuca, and O'Tools Irish Cream. We have named the concoction the "Naked Camper"

WJCraig .... you will appreciate this .... it was at the Provincial grounds at Cultus Lake :rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Registered
872 Posts
Anyway, we were alone and not too many people around and got absolutely hammered (which we also don't normally do - except when we camp) and be damned if we didn't end up running around the campground buck naked laughing like a couple of teenagers in the middle of the night...we are both 45 :D
We were drinking a mix of some kind of coffee flavored vodka, Baileys, Sambuca, and O'Tools Irish Cream. We have named the concoction the "Naked Camper"
WJCraig .... you will appreciate this .... it was at the Provincial grounds at Cultus Lake :rofl::rofl::rofl:
That's great.....wait.....that gives me an idea!!! I've gotta go camping!!!:agree:

·
Registered
872 Posts
89...you counted?? Any ticks??

·
Registered
48 Posts
March 2005.... went to Whittaker Falls near Webster Springs in the mountains of WV. Camped by the river, catching my limit of rainbows in two hours. Went to sleep in the brand new Coleman tent, nice surprisingly warm March night. Woke up around 4 a.m., sometime in the night it started raining, and the shallow stream had rose to a raging river, spilling over the banks and leaving me and the now ex laying in about 4 inches of cold muddy water. The water was raising about three inches every five minutes. By the time we got out of the tent, the water had risen to over 10 inches, and as we were about to start unloading the tent, it got swept downstream, taking sleeping bags and OUR CLOTHES with it. So here we stand, in 10 inches of cold muddy water and rising, in our underwear, scrambling to get what was left in the back of the truck and get out of there. Thank god we kept most of our gear in the backseat (including clothes), because that would have been a long ride home.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
We were camping in the mountains near Ashville N.C. and had set up a small tent and went to sleep. At about 4 in the morning my wife woke as we had a stream running through the middle of the tent. I can sleep in any kind of weather after being in the service so I said "just go back to sleep." She got up and got in the truck and when I woke up again it was daylight so I started the coffee and went to tell her that it was almost ready and she looked at me like I was crazy. She still reminds me of that trip and it was 30 years ago.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Yea Blue, I can sleep standing up (my wife says). She gets mad cause I can come to bed, roll onto my side and be asleep by the time she fluffs her pillows. She says she can't just turn off like that. I tell her "you gotta sleep when ya can" cause ya don't know when your sleepin again. Been 20 yrs since I left the Army, They really do change you for life.

·
Banned
851 Posts
About 4 years ago we took the Kids camping just out side of Kalkaska, MI. In the middle of the night I thought we had a bear in the camp. Got out of the tent saw nothing. Got back in the tent and noises again. So I got out and sat in the van. When the noise started again I hit the lights and we had 3 Raccoons that looked like Larry, Curly and Moe.. and acted like them to it was funny. Kids thought hey were funny also it was great.....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts