Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just did the math. 17.5mpg W/AW4 & 31's.

200mi./tank

Sound about right? :dunno:

·
Web Wheeler
2,573 Posts
better then what i get. I get 11mpg around town and 15mph highway

·
Premium Member
2,289 Posts
Moved to the right section.

Alot of it depends on driving conditions, type of acceleration, weight of the tires, true height of the tires, if your odometer reads correctly due to the larger tire diameter, etc.
Party pooper.:D I am getting about 15-17 mpg.

·
Registered
9,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks for leading me to the other thread's. :bow:

i don't know why, but i only have a 13gal. tank in my 2WD Sport. i don't think that my math is that far off. i just drove from Boise to Phoenix and back. Those are the calculations that i came up with, i think?
Maybe, the weight difference of not having an front 'axle' or x-case is giving me these numbers? :dunno:

BTW- i'd MUCH rather trade my mileage for 4WD!!! :brickwall:

:rofl:

·
Web Wheeler
2,573 Posts
i don't know why, but i only have a 13gal. tank in my 2WD Sport
How did you calculate that? That sounds really off to me because jeeps only came with a 20gallon tank and sometimes a 15.

·
Web Wheeler
2,573 Posts
Yeah mines a 20 gallon tank, and if I run it so the needle is right on E, it takes 16 gallons.

·
Registered
9,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Okay... Maybe i AM a big fat liar? 15gal. tank... sure? i suppose that i'm not accounting for the other 2 gallons? Don't really know, yet! :dunno:

i will re-check my calculations and re-post my findings. My credibility is at stake here, ya know?. :brickwall:

DAMB... you guys are RUTHLESS!!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Huh....

5 City 8 Highway.

Bone stock, half dead (literally) 4.0

Before it dropped 2 cylinders and went to crap everywhere else I was getting on a good day about 22 Highway and 15 city.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Lol well me tank whenn filled to max is 19gallons...because someone rearended me and took out a gallon of space...oh and my gas gauge hasn't worked in two years..thank God for a gps that counts miles!! Lol I drove 156 miles of city driving and only filled'er up around 10.something gallons, so about 15mpg, I'd gladly trade 3-4mpg for 4wd too... Lol :cheers:

·
Registered
9,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:peep: the new calculations are in... 18.5MPG highway and i squeezed 17.5gal. into my "15gal." tank... :pop:

·
muddin moderator
4,045 Posts
ok my jeeps gotta be broken or something
riding with the doors off 50 miles 3.34 gals thats about 16 mpg... about ...
and another 50 miles with the doors on 5.5 gallons to top it back off thats 9 miles per gallon ??? wind was calm driving was the same both times ...
if im getting almost twice the milage without my front doors ... i should take them off more often if not lose them completly

1 - 20 of 22 Posts