Jeep Cherokee Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my Jeep with the muffler and back pipe gone, I like how it sounds but I dont want the fumes right underneath the cabin, is there a kit I can get that just has a pipe running from the catalytic converter to the rear of the Jeep?

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
I would think a piece of pipe the same length as the muffler from a local parts store will do what you want. You would still need the rest of the exhaust system to reach the rear of the Jeep. Probably cost less than 20$ for pipe and clamps.

Reactions: XJSuperman

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would think a piece of pipe the same length as the muffler from a local parts store will do what you want. You would still need the rest of the exhaust system to reach the rear of the Jeep. Probably cost less than 20$ for pipe and clamps.
The only problem I see with that is that the muffler's inlet and outlet are offset from one another so I'm not sure if a straight piece would add too much stress or not.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Buy yourself a flowmaster 44 muffler, its a fully welded design and it sounds great, I have one on my stroker and love it. Just wait til you hit the highway and you can't even hear your music with that pig with no muffler.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts