1441 - 1460 of 1474 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts

A great song!

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
The sweet sounds of children screaming in the McDonald's play place. That's what I'm listening to

·
Registered
22 Posts
ZZ Top

I listen to a wide variety of music but ZZ Top's first 5 albums have been in heavy rotation in my playlists for quite a while.

These albums were all recorded on London Records label and were (in my humble opinion) the very best music released by that lil ol band from Texas.

During that period of time I pretty much stopped playing guitar started playing bass guitar, in part, from my experience playing baritone sax in Jr High, and in part, from listening to Dusty Hill's wicked, fuzzed out bass. Bari-sax and bass guitar cover the same bass lines, if you will. I've covered a lot of their songs in my lifetime and my playing and tone was heavily influenced by Dusty.

Anyway, I saw ZZ Top numerous times while in high school and college, starting with their Rio Grande Mud tour, which was in a theater, very stripped down, raw, and loud as hell. I also saw them at Louisiana Tech during the Fandango tour, in a ballroom, so everything was up close and personal (and freaking incredible!!), and many other times in coliseums throughout the south.

So anyway, some examples-

From ZZ Tops First Album

From Rio Grande Mud

From Tres Hombres

From Fandango!

From Tejas

Hope you enjoyed!

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I listen to a wide variety of music but ZZ Top's first 5 albums have been in heavy rotation in my playlists for quite a while.

. Hope you enjoyed!

Haha I hear you. I'm a little younger to have seen them in those days but can admit to ZZ Top being among the first cassettes and 45s and LPs I bought with my own cash when I was a kid. And we'll the bass i play is as old as I am ('75 Gibson Grabber)

Can never go wrong with cheap sunglasses

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
The Eliminator was a dream car of every kid when I was growing up....the legs weren't bad either

·
Registered
22 Posts
Haha I hear you. I'm a little younger to have seen them in those days but can admit to ZZ Top being among the first cassettes and 45s and LPs I bought with my own cash when I was a kid. And we'll the bass i play is as old as I am ('75 Gibson Grabber)

Can never go wrong with cheap sunglasses
Awesome! I did the same, buying albums with money I made mowing lawns, with Steppenwolf the Second being my first.

I've played a Grabber or two but never owned one. I had a Les Paul bass for a time but didn't like the active Bartolinis. Mostly I've played Jazz and P-basses, currently playing a couple of P-basses.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Always liked Cheap Sunglasses. They have been making music since 1969.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Just saw these guys - King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - at the Trocodero in Philly. Damn what a show. So good.

https://youtu.be/6M9OoEUgjrQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
670 Posts
No music this early just trying to get my motor running after two hard days working in the yard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1441 - 1460 of 1474 Posts