Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
This is what I have added so far.

Attachments

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Got these new rims today.

American Racing AR172 Baja Satin Black Aluminum Wheels, 15x8, with 20 offset.

Attachments

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I know it is only 2WD, I just wanted a thread that I could keep track of what I have done to it. It is all about having fun with our XJs on here isn't it? I hope not to be judged to harshly.

·
Super Moderator
10,284 Posts
I know it is only 2WD, I just wanted a thread that I could keep track of what I have done to it. It is all about having fun with our XJs on here isn't it? I hope not to be judged to harshly.
Veddy Nice!

The only judging on here is during Cherokee of the month!

Cherokee of the month doesn't require 4x4! Just your entry!

We don't tolerate flaming! I will see to that!

Thanks for joining our group!

We did have a 2wd zj owner who was quite regular on here. He is still a member, just doesn't post any more. Guess life got in the way. We gave him a hard time about 2wd drive, but it was just in fun and never got personal.

So feel free to post away. I use this as build record also.

FWIW, I like what you have done so far! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Gluckmysock.

·
Super Moderator
10,284 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,284 Posts
Build it to your liking and be proud!

This is what I started with:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,127 Posts
I like the look of the new rims on your Jeep.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thanks.

I ordered bumper edge moldings in black today from Quadratec. The ones I had were silver and painted black but the paint has come off and some of them are cracked. They were OEM. I also ordered the headlamp bezels in black. Ordering the grill later. Plan on changing the front end bumper and plastics all to black.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Veddy Nice!

We did have a 2wd zj owner who was quite regular on here. He is still a member, just doesn't post any more. Guess life got in the way. We gave him a hard time about 2wd drive, but it was just in fun and never got personal.

:thumbsup:

Nothing wrong with a little ragging now then, so long its all in fun!

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
Sorry, Ive been busy with the family and missed this, but a build thread is always a great log to keep track of a vehicle and its associated projects.

It looks like its time for you to purchase a couple cans of Bumper and Trim Paint. Your new wheels took care of that.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am going to order fender flares in black from Quadratec down the road. Painting them just does not seem to last and the ones I can order already come in black.

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
Ah. I painted my bumper caps and doortrim and it's been holding up great. Scuff, mask, and spray. 2 cans, 2 coats, 10 bucks.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ah. I painted my bumper caps and doortrim and it's been holding up great. Scuff, mask, and spray. 2 cans, 2 coats, 10 bucks.
It held up for me until I went through one of those brush-less spray car washes.

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
I can understand that.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Put these Bumper Edge Moldings on today.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
Very nice!

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ordered the headlight bezels and the grill. They only sent me one bezel the other one is due tomorrow. Attempted to put one on and it did not fit. The replacement bezel comes with the trim. On mine the trim is separate. Hope the grill comes with the trim otherwise I must have got the wrong part. The grill is due on the 14th. Hope I can get the trim off without removing the bumper. Otherwise I will have to wait.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts