Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i just finished putting back the 30 ....i put the calipers...blah blah....bleed the system...now the pedal is all the way down...and...it has like no preassure or something...wth happend?

master cylinder?....

·
Registered
608 Posts
What exactly did you do? Replace the whole axle? Just the brakes?

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the whole axle....

i coulnt bleed the right caliper because the bleeder got strip....could that be the reason?

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i bleed the whole system..still no preasure at the pedal...like it has preasure it just doesnt stay high up

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
well i bleed the whole system..still no preasure at the pedal...like it has preasure it just doesnt stay high up
Well if you couldnt get one of the hoses off due to stripping then you didnt bleed the whole system.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Bleed the rear and I bet you'll be just fine. Also check the drum adjustment in the rear...

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no like i bleeded all 4...

damn im so mad!!!

its acting dumb!

i even use the whole someone pump then hold while you let the preasure out and it doesnt work

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
no like i bleeded all 4...

damn im so mad!!!

its acting dumb!

i even use the whole someone pump then hold while you let the preasure out and it doesnt work
If I were you I would try and re bleed them, you may still have some air stuck in there.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i did it 3 times already...there isnt air coming out....like only fluid....

there is a weird sound coming from the reseivor...is that normal?..

and when i pump it the fluid goes up inside the reseivor

·
Registered
608 Posts
You doing this with the M/C cap on or off? If it's with the cap on, then it might be the M/C going south...
If not, and you don't have ABS, try gravity bleeding it first....

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
You doing this with the M/C cap on or off? If it's with the cap on, then it might be the M/C going south...
If not, and you don't have ABS, try gravity bleeding it first....
Wont that just allow more air bubbles to travel up?

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok..so i replaced the master cylinder...because it was bad....

still having the same problem..apperently the seal of the reseivor has a leak...one of them...the one closer to the firewall....

wtf do i do now?...

new seal? new reseivor thingy?

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hi?

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i did..i replaced the master cylinder....and it doesnt come with a new brake reservoir....so...idk what to do...man this whole "one day swap" is beocming an about to junk the jeep..

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
dont get desperate Will

1 - 20 of 30 Posts