Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
It was hot, triple digits and my press table weighs about 100 pounds. Just didn't want to add to that and have to pick it up with one hand while I inserted the cross bolts under it. I really need a hand crank and cable for it
If I ever find a reason to move mine I will feel the same way. In the meantime, its more compact without a crank hanging off the side. I just remember pressing bearings on axle shafts at work and I don't remember having an issue other than clunkiness. The air over hydraulic jacks in the presses were nice.

·
Super Moderator
10,289 Posts
In the FWIW column. I saw a video on you tube where a fellow took a HF 20 ton press and replaced the stock jack with an air over hydraulic one. And added a knob to the return valve. It was pretty neat. Plus he drilled and pinned the bottom of the press blocks. It made a world of difference. Definitely a worth while modification.

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
I hear ya on that. Mine has a motorized pump and I installed a wood splitter valve on it. In the return position the valve stays on until the pressure gets up to about 1000 psi and automatically trips off.The only reason the table is like that is I added a little steel to it ....

Reactions: Gluckmysock
61 - 63 of 63 Posts