Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

81 - 82 of 82 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
Did a little welding and made a few brackets, most of which are just tacked on. Might be tight on the tie rod clearing the track bar bracket. But it needs to be there. There is an easy solution if I need it. Awaiting more cool parts right now
IMG_2248.JPG
IMG_2250.JPG

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 · (Edited)
Today I learned that not all D44 castings are equal. I had put the larger JK Gears in the rear axle with no trouble, but couldn't get the diff cover I made to fit. This time after I had the carrier drilled for half inch carrier bolts, installed the Spartan Locker I went to put the assembly into the diff.
IMG_2252.JPG

And it wouldn't fit. I had read that you had to do a little grinding, so I got the grinder out

IMG_2253.JPG

It turns out it is just a little on the edge that needs to go and viola, looks like it was made for it :D Now for the acid test

IMG_2254.JPG

The old diff cover I had made that wouldn't clear the larger gears fits just fine now. Just as well, since there is stuff going in front of it that won't allow me to just pull it off. The drain plug and dip stick for it will come in handy

Reactions: DaingMaing
81 - 82 of 82 Posts