Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, cherokeetalk boys and girls, if you have been reading the threads, you already know my pass window is f*ed up, and yet to be resolved. But i came to terms with the garbage bag and we'll get that fixed next time I get some overtime. No biggie. Now I get into the truck, and it turns over rrr rrr rrr rr but no fire. It seems like the circuit isnt completing somewhere to get me going. I have checked every fuse, I get no voltage at the gas gauge, voltgauge, I dont here the fuel pump anymore before i start it, I dont know im no mechanic. So i take it to mechanic and he has a hunch its the crank sensor, replace that, no luck. Ok so thats two days down the drain. my mechanic is a smart guy, but waaay to busy with dumb stuff (oil changes, brakes,) to really devote some time to it. SO im having it towed to the dealer. maybe they can shed some light. Im so frustrated im wondering if you guys have heard that the wiring harness is crap or if its just mine, haha. Good part of all this....I get to borrow moms 04 grand with all the bells and whistles until my XJ is fixed... i loooove those heated seats in the morning when its 15 degrees outside. Any thoughts would be appreciated. thank you!!!

·
Registered
934 Posts
Sounds like the ignition switch went bad to me...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you for the thought..i dont know what is involved with checking an ignition switch, but i would like to think that my mechanic would have at least checked this as it would maybe be one of the first things to look at? Huh. Well, its in the dealers hands now i was just hoping for some insight. I would be lucky if it was the ignition switch. my nightmare is that they want to replace the entire wiring harness because its just an easier way out than finding some short that is just eluding them. Well hope for the best, i suppose.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
See if it shoots a code. Your mechanic should probably of done that first before part guessing.

·
Registered
307 Posts
how cold is it near you.

your problem is likely dirty connections on the battery/starter wires, AND a bad battery. did you even try jumping it?

·
Retired Moderator
7,287 Posts
Like JeepCoMJ, not sure if you tested the battery or jumped it. Try that out first as cold weather causes dead batteries pretty quickly. A really dead battery will cause symptoms that may make you think it's other things instead.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, well she's back on the road. I didn't really state the p[roblem clearly enough i guess. I was pretty stressed out at the time. Anyway, it wasnt a battery related thing. I could crank all day without firing up. I don't know how it happened but heres the outcome:

DRB TEST SHOWS NO COMMUNICATION WITH PCM, CHECK POWER AND GROUND AT PCM, OK. PCM HAS NO START TO RUN VOLTAGE TO TURN ON ASD RELAY CIRCUIT. TRACE WIRING FOUND FUSE MISSING IN CAVITY 11. ( i lost the cover i dont know what this one is) INSTALL FUSE FOUND BAD CONNECTION GOING TO CAVITY. REPAIR TERMINALS, ASD WORKING, BUS MESSAGE OK. PCM NOW COMMUNICATES.

ONCE VEHICLE STARTED HAS NO IDLE AIR MOTOR, MOTOR SEIZED
THROTTLE BODY BLACK WITH CARBON
REPLACE AIS MOTOR, CLEAN TB.

well, thats the rundown. They hit me for a lot of money for all this. Hopefully i won't have any more suprises in the future. I was hoping one of you fine members could sort of put it all in laymans terms? Thanks guys!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts