Jeep Cherokee Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a transponder key so I bought 2 off the net took to a locksmith and they couldn't get them to program. Tried one of there 125 dollar keys and it couldn't program either they said try the dealer. So today I dropped off my truck for the airbag recall they tried programing the key and they couldn't either blaming it on the cheap keys. So they tried there 160 dollar key and it won't program either. So they want to charge me to check the bcm. Has anyone else had to deal with this **** or has a solution to fix this I only have one key and my keyless entry on the fob is bad.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,111 Posts
what little I have read on this in the WJ FSM I have, yeah you have to check that BCM. It has a diagnostic junction port in the wiring. About all I can tell ya on that

·
Super Moderator
1,143 Posts
Feel your pain I lost one of the ribs for my Harley, no problem getting one off The 'bay (Factory Harley part) the dealership wanted to charge me $180 just to program, the same cost to buy and program from them. Talked to a friend of mine who is a motor officer, he had me come by their shop and the sheriff's mechanic did it for me for free. He did find a mystery bottle of his favorite scotch in his truck later that day. I hate the electronic keys, I feel like they are a money making scam for the dealers.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts